Big Rock Looks like we have our work cut out for us today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peteyk49

Very Active Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Voltage
Before all this Covid-19 crap started, my son and I started gathering parts to make his brcc handle better and handle the 4s power better. It took a long time to get parts because of all the delays. As a divorced parent we never had time to get the build started. It’s been frustrating to say the least. We finally have a rainy day where I’m not working or working around our house. We have a few errands to run and then it’s time to tinker. Please pray that my 9yr old doesn’t stab my hands to hard with the tiny hex drivers haha. Stay safe!

Attachments

• 9A252815-0F87-4368-904A-F799463F1D3B.jpeg
    9A252815-0F87-4368-904A-F799463F1D3B.jpeg
    337.4 KB · Views: 70
Enjoy the time with your son. Even if he DOES stab you with a hex wrench. :LOL: Its such a short time they are this age (generally) and goes by so fast. My sons interest in my old equipment brought me back to the hobby and it has certainly changes a lot.

Uuh, cvd driveshafts. I'm jealous!

Hope you guys have a great day :)
They were expensive! I think I spent more on parts then the car lol. I forgot I had a complete bearing set too fml haha
Enjoy the time with your son. Even if he DOES stab you with a hex wrench. :LOL: Its such a short time they are this age (generally) and goes by so fast. My sons interest in my old equipment brought me back to the hobby and it has certainly changes a lot.
Same here. I kinda got out of the hobby years ago. My son is in 4H and they have an rc club. He wanted it and got me hooked again ha

Before all this Covid-19 crap started, my son and I started gathering parts to make his brcc handle better and handle the 4s power better. It took a long time to get parts because of all the delays. As a divorced parent we never had time to get the build started. It’s been frustrating to say the least. We finally have a rainy day where I’m not working or working around our house. We have a few errands to run and then it’s time to tinker. Please pray that my 9yr old doesn’t stab my hands to hard with the tiny hex drivers haha. Stay safe!
Dad and son enjoying a hobby together is a great thing. Dad and daughter for that matter. But hey I have a Big Rock and you can run them on 4s?? Really.

Building something/working on projects together with my parent(s) are some of the most memorable times I recall as a child. You guys will have fun and it will be a memorable experience for both of you.

Can't wait to see how it all turns out ?

Building something/working on projects together with my parent(s) are some of the most memorable times I recall as a child. You guys will have fun and it will be a memorable experience for both of you.

Can't wait to see how it all turns out ?
We’ve been working on it slowly but surely. It’s been a blast. I did a bunch of stuff to it today without my son. We have to have it ready by the weekend and he’s not going to be here until Wednesday and then again for the weekend. I had to redo the all turnbuckles because we had them setup all wrong. I also got a HR fixed servo saver today and installed it along with a new servo. We stripped out a screw the locks the axle into an out drive. I had to hack off the stocker and drill out the screw. I also had to install a new input gear in one of the diffs because the One of the bearings melted to it. I’m making my son rebuild the rear diff and replace the bearings. Then move onto a new spur and clutch plates..then vent the tires. We are 75% done. It’s finally coming together.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back