Loose on/off switch?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tsitalon03

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
While bashing the granite the truck will turn off. It can happen anytime...I would just simply turn it back on and a few bumps later its off again. I took a closer look at the switch and I noticed 4 tiny philip head screws so I tightened them....no dice. Anyone else have this problem?

I would suggest looking at all the solder points could be the Deen's plug or esc is going bad had both. be careful though the last time I keep turning it back on i realized it was a high temp shut off. esc went kaboom. realized after the fact.

While bashing the granite the truck will turn off. It can happen anytime...I would just simply turn it back on and a few bumps later its off again. I took a closer look at the switch and I noticed 4 tiny philip head screws so I tightened them....no dice. Anyone else have this problem?

I would remove the switch and solder the wires together so as soon as you plug it in, it's on. I've had to do that on a couple trucks that came with sliding on/off switches. Or get a push button switch and solder that on.

I would remove the switch and solder the wires together so as soon as you plug it in, it's on. I've had to do that on a couple trucks that came with sliding on/off switches. Or get a push button switch and solder that on.
Have you ever used a toggle switch if so how well does that work

I've just been really considering it seeing as how hard the regular switch is to find with the body on

I've just been really considering it seeing as how hard the regular switch is to find with the body on

A switch is a switch so I say give it a try. Just make sure it's rated for the proper amps/volts. And I would look for a water proof one.

Hmmmmm I didnt notice any abnormally hot esc/motor/battery when i run it but I'll keep an eye out for it. The battery is a venom 2s 6600mah 50c stock motor stock pinion. Soldering the wires together will be a last resort as I really don't want to do it. Might look into a push button switch tho..thanks guys.

Hi

Do you still have the Deans style clone battery connectors on the ESC.

Hi

Do you still have the Deans style clone battery connectors on the ESC.

Yes I do. I think the switch is simply in a bad location. I don't have problems with the on/off switch in my kraton so i might try moving it somewhere else too.

Hi

You may want to upgrade to real Deans connectors, the aftermarket connectors that Arrma uses are known to cause the power to shut off unexpectedly because of a poor connection. I actually had the same thing happen to mine before I switched to real Deans connectors. As for the switch, I would mount it inbetween the rear shock towers.

Well it was the switch! I ended up using a small rubberband to keep the switch on and it worked flawlessly. I ran through the whole battery with no overheating no esc problems.

Attachments

• arrma granite .JPG
    arrma granite .JPG
    159.8 KB · Views: 69
I had the same problem... it is due to the stock location. It hangs the switch over the side of the chassis and anything that brushes against it while going forward pushes the switch in the off direction. This will also eventually damage the rubber boot. Relocate it so it doesn’t hang past the edge. Two sided tape holds it just fine if you can’t find another screw location to use.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back