Kraton Loose rear drive shaft on exb kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IwatchTV

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
The Left rear drive shaft on my 6s Kraton exb keeps coming off.

When fitted it has 1- 2 mm of play in. Whereas the right side is fits very snug.

There no bend to the dog bone. The rubber piece that sits in the outdrive is still present and the out drive cups are in good condition

I've adjusted droop and even tried spacers on the shocks. But still problem it there.

The only solution I can see is to maybe stick a shim or 2 against the big washer that sits in the wheel hub. But is this likely to cause wear to the inside of the hub?

Does anybody have any advice for me on this?

Just gone through my 3rd diff cup. And it's always on the left rear.

Have adjusted the droop and arms and the drive shafts sit in nice and snug.

But whenever I jump the car and particularly when I do flips it just rips the left rear drive shaft out of the diff cup.

Could it be a problem with the rear diff? There's no unsual clicking or anything else that would suggest a problem.

never had this problem. check both sides and see what the difference is .

never had this problem. check both sides and see what the difference is .
No, nobody seems to have this issue. Searched everywhere for a solution. Plenty of issues with front driveshafts but not rear.

I think I may have found the problem with this or at least something thats contributing to it.

Finally got round to dismantling the diff today and found that its missing a part (highlighted in the pic).

Have got a new set on the way but would something like this cause problems with the rear driveshafts?

exbdiff.jpg

So without that plate you basically have no limited slip action and that’s a major miss on ur cars assembly that should be warranted item. See the post below I put up for explaining the parts of the diff.

Now is this the issue I’m not sure. Seems like you know what ur doing and tried some obvious first checks which is why board is a little quiet. You got a tricky one here.

Without this part of the clutch pack is ur diff cup on that side not shimmed correct letting some play in that diff and thus the rear bone? Hard to say…check things installed and see if there is in/out action there on that diff. Other thoughts: Something on this side could be bent just slightly creating an angle that allows the shaft to slide out. Check ur hinge pins to make sure the whole back assembly isn’t angled. Check how the outer cup is sitting. Tighten upper tie rod and add some camber which drags the outer cup in a little just as a test.

Any chance you’ve identified which end comes out?

My best trouble shoot for mystery things is to elevate the car, make sure it’s stable, hook a bat and turn things on and rotate the throttle trim on ur trans to get wheels moving. This gives you a chance to see things with car running which is priceless. Also allows you to have both hands free to poke around.

That’s all I got. Good luck.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/lsd-diffs-explained-in-a-way-you’ll-actually-understand.47335/

So without that plate you basically have no limited slip action and that’s a major miss on ur cars assembly that should be warranted item. See the post below I put up for explaining the parts of the diff.

Now is this the issue I’m not sure. Seems like you know what ur doing and tried some obvious first checks which is why board is a little quiet. You got a tricky one here.

Without this part of the clutch pack is ur diff cup on that side not shimmed correct letting some play in that diff and thus the rear bone? Hard to say…check things installed and see if there is in/out action there on that diff. Other thoughts: Something on this side could be bent just slightly creating an angle that allows the shaft to slide out. Check ur hinge pins to make sure the whole back assembly isn’t angled. Check how the outer cup is sitting. Tighten upper tie rod and add some camber which drags the outer cup in a little just as a test.

Any chance you’ve identified which end comes out?

My best trouble shoot for mystery things is to elevate the car, make sure it’s stable, hook a bat and turn things on and rotate the throttle trim on ur trans to get wheels moving. This gives you a chance to see things with car running which is priceless. Also allows you to have both hands free to poke around.

That’s all I got. Good luck.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/lsd-diffs-explained-in-a-way-you’ll-actually-understand.47335/
Hi

Thanks for all the info.

I have the Diff all shimmed up, its all nice and tight. Have new cups in stalled and have tightened the rods so as the shft sits tights. Its always the left rear that pops out. Even tried just swapping the right and left shaft around, but same thing happens,

Someone suggested installing CVDs but same thing happens, though at least I don't have to go searching when it pops.

I'll wait for the missing part to come in the post. Once I have the diff all back togther I'll give it another blast.

One last thought. Check for a hidden hairline crack in the A arm somewhere. One you can’t easily see or see at all when it’s just sitting. Like along a seem or something. Maybe under big load like jumps it’s prying open and giving which allows the shaft the space it needs to come out. Also could be just the slightest bend in that arm.

I think it was the missing ring in the diff that was the issue.

Had it running yesterday and today, plenty of jumps and no sign of the driveshaft popping.

Have to say Arrmas QC is shocking to have missed something like that out of diff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back