Limitless Loosing control wondering why?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dmkkings

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Mojave
  5. Vendetta
So I just got the Limitless and installed all the electronics in it out of a Typhon 6S blx and I will be running and the throttle will quit working and my ESC has a flashing green light on it! Once I turn ny car off and then turn it back on the green light goes away and turns back to read and runs fine for a little bit and then does it again! Whats the issue?

What gear are yoi running?

What gear are yoi running?
I meant that while running i will loose throttle and my Spectrum ESC has a blinking green light on it and then when I turn the car off and then back on the light goes from blinking green to red

I never had that problem win the electronics where in my Typhon and i have a fan on esc and motor running the stock spur and the pinion that come with the limitless
When the electronics where in my Typhon
When the electronics where in my Typhon

to summarize it's indeed overheating, likely to overgearing. It doesn't mean you can't use the typhon electronics but you have to adjust the gearing accordingly. 34S/27P or 39S/27P is likely the max the typhon esc/motor can handle and even then it will run hot after too much torture.
The infraction v1 (running same diffs and similar electronics) uses a 46T centerdiff

Read this

Screenshot_20210929-063806.png

Screenshot_20210929-063815.png

Screenshot_20210929-063823.png

The stock Limitless gearing is much higher than the stock Typhon gearing. You can’t expect the two to run the same on the same electronics. You need to borrow the Typhon center diff and motor pinion accordingly.

Like others above have mentioned referencing the difference in gearing, also keep in mind that the Limitless is roughly 3.5lbs heavier which increases load and heat on the electronics.

stretched Typhon ready to run minus lipos
4C680B61-7C9D-49BE-A556-073762F786FC.jpeg

Limitless ready to run minus lipos
B43742E0-64E7-4718-A03A-0E4F0CE48C0D.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back