Kraton Lose gear ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks a bit sloppy to me although there should be a bit of play me thinks. There’s a nylon nut that attaches to the threaded end of the spur gear (on the front facing part of your motor mount), see if you can tighten it.....I think it’s a 7mm nut.

Last edited:
@gary.rvp - Funny, I took a video of the same thing and was going to post the same question. I have an outcast 8s. Mine does that too, but maybe even worse than in your video. @KevinC I just tried to tighten that nut like you mentioned and it didn't really change much.

Its the Arrma quality :) Friend of mine has the same thing on his outcast. I don't have the movement on the spurgear, but the shaft wit the nylon nut is bend. I mean the thread with the nut on it. Furhtermore i had bend driveshafts out of the box (ALL of them!), leaking solicon oil out of the diffs (front and rear) after 2 runs, a broken motorshaft because of a lose pinion gea (lose out of the box, yes i checked it, but it the hex was full of red threadlock, so it felt like it was titghtned enough). A damaged spring out of the box, oh and my rear diff is broken within 3 months (i bought te 8s end of may)

I did not do anything weird or extreme bashing. Just 'normal' race driving and low jumps. Its because it coasts to mucht to sell or trade it in, otherwise i might go for de Losi DBXLE v2, at least that one has a real bigscale drive line. The driveline from the 8s kraton is a joke. On 1/8 it would be farely indistructible i think, but on 1:5 its to light. No bigscale Arrma for me anymore in the future.

This been going on the new batch motor mounts. I measure the hole where the bearing sits on my v1.5 Kraton and the outcast and they are little off.

To fix this problem you need to shim the inner bearings (inside of the diff housing) to correct it. Should be no movement at all.

Screenshot_20200904-171755~2.png

Thanks for the info. With the amount of play that I have it's going to take a really thick shim or a bunch of shims. Any idea what size shims should be used? I just got the fast eddie's bearing kit, so will need to do a teardown at some point to install them anyway, so that seems like a good time to address this.

Thanks for the info. With the amount of play that I have it's going to take a really thick shim or a bunch of shims. Any idea what size shims should be used? I just got the fast eddie's bearing kit, so will need to do a teardown at some point to install them anyway, so that seems like a good time to address this.

i have same on my just new Ks8.
Asked a few with a 8s, one say you need shim, other says, no not needed, bashes already 6 months, no issue at all...

would be great to hear it of official arrma people!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back