Losi DB Pro why does it NOT have Droop Screws?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

parcou

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Felony
  3. Fireteam
  4. Granite
  5. Infraction
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Talion EXB
  8. Typhon TLR
  9. Vorteks
Why would the Losi DB Pro not have droop screws installed since it does have an aluminum chassis?

The shocks are not the worse and not the best either. Looking at them I feel the shocks could work better if droop screws were added to bring the A-arm up just a bit. Then there would be more downward force for the shocks since the shocks do not rebound well in my experience. The springs feel soft also and I have adjusted the shock collars but something to me just missing.

What are your thoughts on droop screws for the DB Pro? I like how it works when I adjust the droops on the Infraction to really make the shock work better. Losi DB Pro has the holes for it in the A-arm as well as the wing buy out on the chassis.

Can I add them...

Thoughts?

Front
1619903442985.png
1619903458750.png

1619903485359.png

Rear

Long story short the TENACITY vehicles used to be entirely plastic and the original design didn't have droop screws. With the Pro models they just never included them for some weird reason. You can go ahead and add them in they should work just the same as any other droop screw.

This is the original TENACITY DB http://www.losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOS03014T2
The Pro version used to be obtainable through the Pro upgrade kit http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.aspx?ProdId=LOS331008
Now instead of having to buy the plastic model then buy the Pro upgrade kit they just combined them together into the DB Pro.

Limit straps do the same thing, but it looks like provisions already exist for screw limiters on that model. ✌️

I could not find a droop screw that fit these arms and could be a newbie miss on my part if there was a correct part for the DB Pro... Went to the hardware store and got a M5x6mm because a M4 passed right through and did not touch the holes at all. I cut in the top of the screw for a flat head screwdriver notch to adjust.

I like the added droop especially for the rear. The shocks piston is at full extend so to me and it pulls way too much at the end of the shock. If I lift the rear arm and drop you can hear it fall and bottoms out at the shock end. Almost like you feel it bottom out. Adding the droop I was able to raise the arms a little and take some of that stress off the shock end... To me the rebound of the rear is smoother and better from the OEM setup. I'm no pro but if feels good to me.

This is not a send it RC for me and the course I bash it on would have hills similar to an in door buggy track so it takes the jumps nicely and rebounds well. Same for grass, dirt, off-road outside.

1622344930181.png
1622344941345.png

1622347138581.png

Wish I took a pic of the rear before I added the droop the arm was so far down and at the end of the shock piston extend. In this position, it is not at the bottom end of the shock...
1622345140533.png

Front...
1622345412598.png

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back