SOLD / FOUND Losi Lasernut with upgrades

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

swiss_amp

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Typhon 6s
Since Ive gotten into 1/8 scale racing the Lasernut isn't getting used so I figured I'd cut it loose. Great shape aside from a little damage to the hood on the nose and a couple LED's out on the light bar. I just changed the shock oils, and the diffs are all shimmed and work perfect. Has upgraded SCTE axles, RPM skids, DE racing mud guards, yeah racing heat sink, locking wheel nuts, stearing bearings, Arrma servo with aluminum horn and fan and a DB pro Wing and mount. Handles great with the wing as opposed to the rear spare, lighter and is a little more fun to drive and corrects much better in the air. Comes with the original box, manual, radio, spare and mount and a bunch of spare gear sets and parts. $425 plus PP and shipping obo. Local sales in VA welcome too. Thanks
IMG_7855.jpg
IMG_7859.jpg
IMG_7856.jpg
IMG_7858.jpg
IMG_7860.jpg
IMG_7861.jpg
IMG_7862.jpg
IMG_7863.jpg
IMG_7854.jpg

what is the most common issue you have had to deal with? many of the forums and youtube videos shows many flaws with wheel constantly coming off, weak drive shaft, weak diff etc. Have you experience that? I really like the car.

what is the most common issue you have had to deal with? many of the forums and youtube videos shows many flaws with wheel constantly coming off, weak drive shaft, weak diff etc. Have you experience that? I really like the car.
Never had a wheel come off, because I put nyloc nuts on it before ever running it. The main issue I had was stripping the ring and pinion on the rear diff in about 2 minutes on the first run. This only happened because out of the box it wasn't shimmed right. Horizon sent me a a set of diff cases and pile of R&P's(included in the sale) and shims. Once I got it shimmed right it was all good and I haven't had an issue since. I did break one of the stock axles but after switching them to the SCTE axles I never had another issue with them. The SCTE kit parts are all direct bolt ups but are much higher quality than the tenacity line of parts. The only other issue I have seen people have is the input shaft bearing going out on the diffs but I haven't run into that. The solution there would be to just put higher quality bearings on the diff cases. I figured I would just do it if they went, but they didn't. The only update I had planned do is add the Exotek steering set. The stock setup is fine now that I added the bearings but my buddy has the Exotek on his DB Pro and it just looks beefy and badass.

It's a really fun car. Light in the rear and drifts awesome, jumps great too as long as you don't get too extreme, not really what it's meant for. I never bashed it really and just ran it on my backyard track or on some trails in the woods. Lots of vids on my IG page, here are a couple links. Thanks

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJKC3eEgIUU/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

https://www.instagram.com/p/CIGw8T4gU2r/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link
Oh yeah, bent a shock shaft but that was totally my fault for wrecking into a tree.

Is this 1/10?

If trades do become an option I have a Tallion v2 in good shape I would love to trade.

I like this alot. Trying to get one of these style trucks. Would you happen to be looking for an X-ray Xb4 4wd buggy with lrp full brushless 10.5t setup including batteries?

It's a fun ride for sure, but I'm still looking for a cash sale at this point. Thanks

Still up for grabs. last week before it goes off to my local shop on consignment.

Bill Murray Reaction GIF
I love the look of the Lasernut.... was leery because early production runs had drivetrain issues.... sounds like you have a solid rig there, beefed up and ready to go..... another fellow who visits the forum occasionally removed the rear spare and did quite similar to what you did to yours and the videos of his rig just make you smile......wish I had the extra $$ sittin around...... I live 60 miles from Va, but you are over by DC.....so a short drive its not (I live 30 miles northeast of Asheville)

Yup, and this one has been sorted out with the necessary upgrades, the big ones anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back