Losi LMT goes purple....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LipoShirly

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Voltage
Just some quick background, bought my first roller on impulse earlier this year. The plan was to keep an eye out for decent clearance sales to finish it out on a budget.... but...... then I decided to put a sensored brushless system in it, ended up spending more on everything than I planned but happy with it.

I bought the EZRUN MAX8 G2 combo with the 4268S but unfortunately it doesn't fit where the OEM ESC would have mounted. I printed an adapter but it stretches the motor leads a little more than I would like to see... so work in progress. I REALLY like the sensored motor, makes the truck perform like a crawler/basher...
PXL_20220908_230219696.jpg

I bought one of these PowerHobby 633MCW servos. Heard good things about them, plus this one allows me to use the higher BEC on the MAX8. No complaints.
PXL_20220908_230239852.jpg

The radio is a FlySky GT5 with FS BS6 receiver. This is my first radio with digital adjustments, always went with the Dumbo's before. WOW, what a difference. I mean this is still a budget TX/RX but just feels like a much better radio.

And now for the fun part, I'm asking for honest opinions here..... it was a roller, and I still plan on buying a Grave Digger body from Jenny's when in stock, but I was looking at bodies and decided to go a different route than the LMTs I've seen on forums and you tube. Picked up this ProtoForm body for my first paint job, but once I mounted it I keep flipping from "AWESOME" to " what was I thinking......."

PXL_20220908_225933241 (1).jpg

PXL_20220908_230000133 (1).jpg

PXL_20220906_033116283 (1).jpg

Sooooo, what do you think ?

PXL_20220908_225933241.jpg

PXL_20220908_230000133.jpg

PXL_20220906_033116283.jpg

Very cool! You did a great on the paint job and yeah, at 1st I'm like that's bada$$.....but.....I don't think it's the best choice of lid for that rig. (y)😁✌️

Well, it does look out of place. But I like it! Love the color. I painted a 350Z body in that color once. It really pops when you take it outside.

Just some quick background, bought my first roller on impulse earlier this year. The plan was to keep an eye out for decent clearance sales to finish it out on a budget.... but...... then I decided to put a sensored brushless system in it, ended up spending more on everything than I planned but happy with it.

I bought the EZRUN MAX8 G2 combo with the 4268S but unfortunately it doesn't fit where the OEM ESC would have mounted. I printed an adapter but it stretches the motor leads a little more than I would like to see... so work in progress. I REALLY like the sensored motor, makes the truck perform like a crawler/basher...
View attachment 243172

I bought one of these PowerHobby 633MCW servos. Heard good things about them, plus this one allows me to use the higher BEC on the MAX8. No complaints.
View attachment 243173

The radio is a FlySky GT5 with FS BS6 receiver. This is my first radio with digital adjustments, always went with the Dumbo's before. WOW, what a difference. I mean this is still a budget TX/RX but just feels like a much better radio.

And now for the fun part, I'm asking for honest opinions here..... it was a roller, and I still plan on buying a Grave Digger body from Jenny's when in stock, but I was looking at bodies and decided to go a different route than the LMTs I've seen on forums and you tube. Picked up this ProtoForm body for my first paint job, but once I mounted it I keep flipping from "AWESOME" to " what was I thinking......."

View attachment 243189

View attachment 243190

View attachment 243184

Sooooo, what do you think ?

View attachment 243180

View attachment 243181

View attachment 243183
Ask on the forum, and you will get a dozen different opinions. What matters is how you feel about it. My personal opinion, i think it looks really cool, especially since dark purple is my favorite color, and, i have actually helped build a real one, although, it was eventually painted orange.

Camaro MT.jpg

Check out of some of the stuff posted on here: http://www.modelcarsmag.com/forums/topic/132657-weird-cars-post-em-here/

I don't think it's the best choice of lid for that rig
Yeah, looks even funnier driving around the yard.... looks like someone wearing a hat too small for their head.

But I like it! Love the color. I painted a 350Z body in that color once. It really pops when you take it outside.
kept flipping between the translucent blue and purple, that's why the servo saver is blue... then changed my mind and painted it purple... and yeah it looks great in better light.... this was my first paint , didn't know what to expect with layers of translucent, then silver, then black... honestly thought it came out a little dull, until I peeled off the outer plastic for the first time...HOLY CRAP wanted to keep it on the shelf...

it's bad ass👊
owe you a beer...
i have actually helped build a real one
now that's bad ass

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back