Losi LMT Roller Build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HZRDOS

Very Active Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Outcast EXB
  4. Talion EXB
This is going to be a fun rig. Found out my LHS still had a new roller in stock!! They won't ship items only in one location so have to go pick it up.

Screenshot_20221017-174357_Chrome.jpg

Will be a bit. Have to give the box to the wife, it is my Bday present. She said I can't have it till then...11/21. Lol. She is also getting me the Son Uva Digger body.

Have a 35kg servo, receiver for my Flysky GT5.

On the way is BowBouse low profile battery tray (needed to mount larger ESC in stock location), Freestyle RC carbon fiber axle braces, aluminum front pushbar bumper.

Thinking I am going with a MMX 2200kv setup. Definitely going sensored, will make freestyle type driving much better with the throttle response at lower speeds.

I’d suggest a better servo saver, the stock one is crap imo. I like the Treal one.
Plan to do lower speed type bashing and tricks....so was going to run without a saver.
I’d suggest a better servo saver, the stock one is crap imo. I like the Treal one.
Ok....just ordered the Treal one. Now quit giving me good ideas...lol.

Last edited:
Looks awesome!! I wonder why they discontinued these? I missed the party again I guess,LOL.
Prob based on sales and how much $$ they make.

I would have hated to have to get the full built one. Would have ripped out the electronics on day one. So then would have been in at like $900 for the rig and castle system after recouping some of the $$ by selling the stock electronics.

With the roller I was only in at like $700 for the roller, body and castle system. This is my low speed trick basher - sensored system is a must.

I had looked at the rollers when they were still available, but dragged my feet too long. I have watched quite a few vids on the LMT, looks like a blast for lower speed shenanigans. Enjoy!!

That looks awesome. I’ve never played with that kind of rig before, looks like mad fun!

So after a few runs, this thing is fun. It is such and awesome backyard low speed basher! Trying to master riding reverse wheelies is pretty awesome. I did have an issue with losing 2 front hub kingpin bolts that hold the c hubs onto the blocks. Some research shows this is a common issue, so got some Treal Aluminum c hubs with threaded kingpin bolts and a keeper screw to hold them in place. That willndo the trick.

This thing is pretty much a handful when over about 30 mph, but I have plenty of really fast rigs, so no need to go really fast. I am surprised that it does not roll over as easy as I thought it would handles well on grass and dirt. Really fun for small jumps and just doing silly stuff!

Very happy I added this rig. Going to build a trick ramp for some more fun
Something like this

Screenshot_20221201-211927_Messages.jpg
Screenshot_20221201-211929_Messages.jpg

I forgot to mention the king pin issue, some hot glue or shoe goo does the trick to keep the stock king pins in place.
The Treal stuff is definitely the holy grail fix tho.

I made a ramp very similar to that one. Definitely adds to the fun. 👍

I forgot to mention the king pin issue, some hot glue or shoe goo does the trick to keep the stock king pins in place.
The Treal stuff is definitely the holy grail fix tho.

I made a ramp very similar to that one. Definitely adds to the fun. 👍
Yeah, I don't mind upgrading if it fixes an issue. Treal stuff is dang nice. Have the servo saver, lower links, and hubs now.

Gah, I’ve about got my limit for the year, but next year I’m adding one of these to the stable, really wish they wouldn’t have killed the roller.

Yeah, I don't mind upgrading if it fixes an issue. Treal stuff is dang nice. Have the servo saver, lower links, and hubs now.
I have the full Treal axle setup on one of my LMT’s and can full send it without any fear now! The plastic axles are really its biggest downside imo. Once you address that it becomes an almost invincible machine. 😎
I self right it with the throttle all the time and the diffs have amazingly never given me any problems. 😮
It’s incredible the amount of abuse these things can take once you get them dialed in.
Sway bar links are about the only thing I keep breaking now. Along with the occasional shock rod or 4 link end.
I truly love mine! 😍

Gah, I’ve about got my limit for the year, but next year I’m adding one of these to the stable, really wish they wouldn’t have killed the roller.
Me too..2 rigs on my radar right now, LMT and V2 K4s.. Santa's too broke this year tho. I'm kinda hoping the v2 4s rigs are slow movers, that way we can have a fire sale next year on them, like the FT this year..

Any updates on this? What did you end up with for a pinion? Getting ready to build mine with the same power set up.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back