Losi Mini-B "Pro" Roller

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Engineer

🦄💩
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Voltage
Looks like the Mini B is getting a "pro" roller. Yay, more ways to spend money :)

https://www.horizonhobby.com/product/1-16-mini-b-pro-roller-2wd-buggy/LOS01025.html

Upgrades from the RTR looks like a bunch of aluminum bits including shocks, servo arm, bellcranks and drag links and pivot block:

Features​

• Scaled Down Version of the 1/10 TLR® 22 Buggy
  • Mid Motor Configuration
  • 1.5mm Aluminum Chassis
  • TLR® 22 Suspension Geometry
  • Taper Pin Front and BK Bar Rear Tires with Dish Wheels
  • 7mm Bore, Aluminum Threaded Oil Filled Shocks
  • Aluminum Servo Arm
  • Aluminum Bellcranks and Drag Link
  • Aluminum Front Pivot Block
  • Full Ball Bearings (less steering)
  • Option Parts Availability

Honestly, it doesn't look like much of an upgrade, imo. The aluminum bits are all extra weight with only the shocks being an upgrade in performance, and even that isn't much. With something as small as the Losi Mini series, weight kills.

The bellcrank is more easily upgraded from plastic by a quick rebuild and shim than going to aluminum. I'm betting with factory assembly the aluminum will need a rebuild and shim on the roller amyways.

I can see getting the roller if you are going to gut it completely, and start from scratch, but even if you want to change radios I feel the RTR is a better option. The Hobbwing WP1625 is a great brushed ESC that leaves plenty of room for medium sized receivers and only costs $20.

For me, the aluminum servo arm is nice (at the cost of losing a servo saver) - I need to get more time in to compare it with a zip-tied factory servo saver. I could do without the rest of the aluminum bits.

I didn't see if they went with the fixed-spacing motor mount or if they went with a slotted motor mount. My guess is the former since they include a pinion but that leaves a lot to be desired in terms of tunability.

There's just not a lot of room on the chassis so I imagine there's going to be a bit of frustration and/or McGuyvering to get components to fit.

Here's my Mini-B with a SR215 receiver, Quicrun 16BL30 and Surpass 2430 7200kv motor. Had to shave some of the plastic rails to get everything to fit.

5D690BA4-CCC4-4CC9-8F01-E0B6A8F7F0A5.jpeg

Last edited:
I'm waiting on a Mini 8ight B/T revision 🙏
I honestly don't understand why they discontinued the original Mini 8ight platform. 1/14 scale is very popular right now.

I honestly don't understand why they discontinued the original Mini 8ight platform. 1/14 scale is very popular right now.
That was my thought too!
The Losi Mini 8ight buggy was a humming bird on crack when run on 3s.

Such a crazy fun little car, but very fragile too.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back