Losi Super Rock Rey

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
What's up fellas?! There has been some interest in the Losi Super Rock Rey and I figured I'd start a thread detailing my experience with the truck. I think it's a ton of fun and with a few mods it can be a real blast. Here is a video I made when I first got mine last winter ???

I've been looking at that rc for a while now. It's cool that you started this thread so I can ask an adult owner some questions.

I've only seen pictures and videos so it's hard to judge but it looks like the 4 link geometry has a lot of squat. When you hit the gas does the rear end squat down much, or only a little? By a little I mean 3/16 to 1/4 inch.

Have you had any diff trouble?

I've been looking at that rc for a while now. It's cool that you started this thread so I can ask an adult owner some questions.

I've only seen pictures and videos so it's hard to judge but it looks like the 4 link geometry has a lot of squat. When you hit the gas does the rear end squat down much, or only a little? By a little I mean 3/16 to 1/4 inch.

Have you had any diff trouble?
Diffs have been rock solid. It definitely handles differently than the Arrmas. It tends to torque steer when you nail it. I'll post more video when I grab them from my original thread that was removed for reasons unknown ?

Have you done many hill climbs worth bragging about? Hopefully on video 'couse all the cool kids do it for the camera :cool:

I'm hoping the SRR is a hill killer but most owners seem to want to jump the thing and then complain that it's too nose heavy to jump well.
It's been hard to get a good idea of how the car drives from youtubers failed jump sessions

Have you done many hill climbs worth bragging about? Hopefully on video 'couse all the cool kids do it for the camera :cool:

I'm hoping the SRR is a hill killer but most owners seem to want to jump the thing and then complain that it's too nose heavy to jump well.
It's been hard to get a good idea of how the car drives from youtubers failed jump sessions

The SRR seems much more at home in a rock quarry than at the bmx track!
It does well at both ?

It's nice to be able to talk about other RC's if your name is Bickety ? Others can but this is new to me ?

So...
What'll happen if I suggest that I'm replacing my Big Rock Crew Cab with a Proline 4x4? Will someone stamp my meal card "No Dessert"?

So...
What'll happen if I suggest that I'm replacing my Big Rock Crew Cab with a Proline 4x4? Will someone stamp my meal card "No Dessert"?
Flip a coin...

Flip a coin...
I'll start my own thread about it, I'm sure it'll derail this one very badly.

I'll do it though. Don't dare me, I'll do it.
I ain't kiddin'. I'm half way there already. There ain't no bridge I won't pour gasoline on. I'll pour gas and use a plumbers torch to light my cigar.

I'll do it...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back