Losi Tenacity Db Pro AirTime

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

milehighspeed

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton EXB
  2. Typhon 3s
Having some fun airtime with Tenacity Db Pro

db pro.jpg

Last edited:
Having some fun airtime with Tenacity Db Pro

View attachment 183020

When the Lasernut came out, I was a big fan of it until some of the initial drivetrain problems showed up. Loved the look of it. During that time, i came across the Tenacity Db Pro , and came EVER SO CLOSE to buying one. Highly rated, many good reviews. I never did buy one, but it looks like a solid rig.

ENJOY !

When the Lasernut came out, I was a big fan of it until some of the initial drivetrain problems showed up. Loved the look of it. During that time, i came across the Tenacity Db Pro , and came EVER SO CLOSE to buying one. Highly rated, many good reviews. I never did buy one, but it looks like a solid rig.

ENJOY !
Same here. I haven't broken any drivetrain parts YET on the Lasernut but have Tekno back ups for when the time comes.
Even with the Lasernut being somewhat similar I still want a Tenacity DB Pro.(y)

ENJOY !

I had the unpleasant of the drivetrain blues with my Losi DB Pro. I am a great fan of it now. Shimming was the big miss here to make sure all the gears mesh right from sun gears, crown gear and other diff shim, etc. By force I understand shimming to get diff mesh right. Big failure on some of the DB Pro.

ENJOY !
i heard about the drive train issues but have never had any...sounds like just by luck. Since i slipped past those with good fortune the DB Pro has been my favorite all around car for the money. It's pretty big for a 1/10th scale buggy, not full 1/8th scale, but sort of like a 1/9th scale? it handles pretty well, the 3 diffs for the price is good (if you get lucky i guess), tested platform, takes a pounding, comes fully set up for very reasonable price for what you get, parts and upgrades easy to find. i have smashed it around pretty good and it takes a pounding. i put it on 4s with a 3670 motor and i love it. my only complaints (very minor) are the motor mount doesn't allow for many pinion options, the smaller 12mm wheel hexes, and access to certain things for regular maintenance can be a little tricky. If my wife forced me to dump all but one car this would probably be the one car i kept.

i heard about the drive train issues but have never had any...sounds like just by luck. Since i slipped past those with good fortune the DB Pro has been my favorite all around car for the money. It's pretty big for a 1/10th scale buggy, not full 1/8th scale, but sort of like a 1/9th scale? it handles pretty well, the 3 diffs for the price is good (if you get lucky i guess), tested platform, takes a pounding, comes fully set up for very reasonable price for what you get, parts and upgrades easy to find. i have smashed it around pretty good and it takes a pounding. i put it on 4s with a 3670 motor and i love it. my only complaints (very minor) are the motor mount doesn't allow for many pinion options, the smaller 12mm wheel hexes, and access to certain things for regular maintenance can be a little tricky. If my wife forced me to dump all but one car this would probably be the one car i kept.
I was drooling over one at the local hobby shop when they first came out. Did a bunch of Internet searching at the time, and there is just a few posts out there about buyer beware.

However, there has been some adjustments somewhere, and buy and large, there hasn't been a lot of problems since it's release. Maybe they made some adjustments at factory? Don't know...... Super cool looking rigs though....
I was drooling over one at the local hobby shop when they first came out. Did a bunch of Internet searching at the time, and there is just a few posts out there about buyer beware.

However, there has been some adjustments somewhere, and buy and large, there hasn't been a lot of problems since it's release. Maybe they made some adjustments at factory? Don't know...... Super cool looking rigs though....

The DB pro has been a solid rig for quite some time, and has a lot of good reviews

Looks like there is a version 2 out now. transmitter has been upgraded slightly but that's about all i see. Anybody else see something different...or really it just seems like more of an excuse to raise the price $70.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back