Losi Tenacity DB Pro Multi Surface Bash and Sends

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is what I was talking about with regards to the diff metal. The diff fluid is pretty dark for 8 packs and more metallic looking than higher quality metal gears would have.

In one of your other pics you can see one of the outdrives starting to oval out. The wear will accelerate as it gets worse, because the drive pins will tend to get stuck in that one spot.

Anyway, it's a decent truck, if it weren't I would have sold mine by now. I think the price is fair for what you get, because it clearly has a lot more upgrades than a plastic 3S/4S Arrma. IMO, upgrades needed are captured wheel hexes, TLR seals for the shock caps (instead of those stupid bladders), TEN-SCTE outdrives for the rear diff.

Quite honestly, this truck is pretty much the same as the TEN-SCTE 1.0 from 5 years ago. People get impressed because they've never seen a TEN-SCTE before, but for me I'm kinda meh, it's OK. It's a TEN-SCTE, but worse. So... ?‍♂️

The other thing I wanted to mention is that this is a different type of vehicle than your standard Arrma or Traxxas or whatever. It's a race kit they turned into an RTR. It's not really meant as a backflippin', send it 30 feet in the air type of vehicle. It really shines more on the ground or at the track with track-style jumps.

My opinion anyway.
The diff fluid is the same color as any Arrma I've opened up after a few packs. The outdrives are in FAR better condition than than the ones in my Kraton, Talion, Notorious and Typhon.

I understand your criticism but I am comparing it to the Arrma trucks because this is an Arrma forum. Maybe compared to your race kits it's subpar but 95% of the people here know mostly Arrma RTR. In that regard the diffs and outdrives are of the same quality (and they are 1/10 scale, not 1/8). I driven the hell our of this thing. I've sent it off a kicker that is not very kind to trucks. It's performed almost flawlessly. I'll keep running packs though it and I'll be sure to let everyone know when the outdrive fails. Please don't let your personal issues with me skew your perception of a truck you do not own. Ok? I'll post videos and keep everyone updated. I'll tell it like it is ???

Please don't let your personal issues with me skew your perception of a truck you do not own. Ok? I'll post videos and keep everyone updated. I'll tell it like it is ???

Personal, what are you talking about? You literally asked me for my experiences and I gave it to you. Did you forget you tagged me? That’s the only reason I’m responding in this thread. I’m keeping this strictly to my opinion on the vehicle, it doesn’t matter who asked. Sorry you’re offended that I don’t like it as much as you, it has nothing to do with you. I made videos on my Proformance Tenacity like a year ago and I’m just repeating myself. If you don’t want my opinion, don’t tag me.

Yes, I do not own a DB Pro, but aside from the body and electronics, every part number on your buggy is the same as mine.

Personal, what are you talking about? You literally asked me for my experiences and I gave it to you. Did you forget you tagged me? That’s the only reason I’m responding in this thread. I’m keeping this strictly to my opinion on the vehicle, it doesn’t matter who asked. Sorry you’re offended that I don’t like it as much as you, it has nothing to do with you. I made videos on my Proformance Tenacity like a year ago and I’m just repeating myself. If you don’t want my opinion, don’t tag me.

Yes, I do not own a DB Pro, but aside from the body and electronics, every part number on your buggy is the same as mine.
No, you misunderstood what I wrote. Originally, I asked what you broke. You then offered your opinion of the truck but I got the impression you were being a bit harsh because of other differences we may have had. I only say that because you mentioned the diffs not having 4 gears (they do), premature wear of the internal diff gears (none that I've seen) and abnormal wear on the outdrives, which I have not seen at all. As far as your claim that every part number is the same, I'd have to go and research that.

Anyway, you (sort of) answered my question. It's all good ???

Just want to throw in a couple pennies.

Take an aluminum shock for instance, put brand new oil in it, move the piston up and down slowly as you watch that brand new clear oil turn gray. (oxidation from metal) Lots of guys think dirt got in their shocks after bashing in loose dirt or mud. Well, if dirt/mud got in the shocks then it got by your O-ring/bottom bladder/seal and technically you shouldn't have any shock oil left, it all leaked out. Same thing in a diff with metal gears, lots of oxidation. Sure, you will get some metallic flake that looks like anti-seize but spiders are going to spin and shed metal. All of them do.

In my racing days I'd go through 2 LOSI 1/8th scale kits in a year. When I was done with with one, it was a rickety beater. The back end of the chassis was paper thin. The whole Buggy/Truggy was loose as a 2 bit whore..(1/2 way through one was the fastest LT's for me!) One heat in a brand new buggy, the shock and diff oil looked like crude oil. Not once did I ever replace any spider gears. ;)

Mine should be arriving tomorrow! I normally don't get this excited but after being locked up for 10 days this is going to be like a fookin paradise vacation!
I turned my punch all the way up. Inside not touch the motor timing. Also, going with heavier fluid in the center allows it to wheelie ?

I put 100k in the center and it does rip the front up even at speed, love it! Are you liking the 60k up front and the 30 in back?
Hard to really gauge. I don't have any other fluids to try. I would have liked to have gone with 40k/100k/20k F/C/R. I may just order it online.

Anyone happen to know where to get a metal spur gear for the DB Pro here in Europe?
Over here the Hot Racing or Robinson Racing metal gears are all sold out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back