Kraton Losing Hope; Please help me figure out where this noise is coming from!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TalionSWB

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I had this noise coming out of my truck for the past few months now and Im losing hope I'll ever be able to figure it out. It all started when i installed the Leopard 4092 2050kv motor and ran it on 6s

What Ive done so far:

1. disassembled and checked all 3 diffs

2. checked front and rear outer input spur gears and replaced rear one which had missing teeth and shimmed both outside the diff case aswell

Result: the noise wont go away!

If you have any ideas what it could be please help!

Last edited:
How many shims did you put in the diffs?
Could be too tight?
And are they the correct crown gears? Ive seen typhon crown gears put in kratons buy mistake before.

Take the pinion off the motor & run it. It sounds like both bearings are bad.

How many shims did you put in the diffs?
Could be too tight?
And are they the correct crown gears? Ive seen typhon crown gears put in kratons buy mistake before.
I haven't put shims inside the diffs just shimmed the front and rear external input spur gears and the noise started before I shimmed the geras

Let me know because im having the same issue ove dissassembled all 3 diffs and tgey look fine.....
Ive disassembled and reassembled all 3 on my truck so many times im sick of it. Im going to disassmbled and inspect one more time before i get intouch with Arrma customer services

Ive disassembled and reassembled all 3 on my truck so many times im sick of it. Im going to disassmbled and inspect one more time before i get intouch with Arrma customer services
It looks so slightly damaged but you can tell one on the right is wore. I just swapped them Round and it seems to took the noise away for now

Attachments

• 1521061569351974719663.jpg
    1521061569351974719663.jpg
    520.6 KB · Views: 81
  • 1521061589814434293784.jpg
    1521061589814434293784.jpg
    177.7 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back