Losing receiver signal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jsantoli

Reaction score
Yesterday I picked up a brand new Typhon 6s. I swapped the receiver over from my 3s typhon and calibrated it so that I can use the dx5c I have. The factory receiver antennae was almost twice as long as the one on my sr315. I never cut mine it’s just shorter from the factory. I do have 2 kinks in my antennae and a spot where the shielding is missing and bare wire is showing. I get signal with the car for about 50 yards then lose it completely. Is the problem the slightly jacked up antennae wire? My remote has fresh batteries, that was my initial thought. And I also put the antennae as high as I could and zip tied it. It doesn’t reach the location for the antennae hole

Yesterday I picked up a brand new Typhon 6s. I swapped the receiver over from my 3s typhon and calibrated it so that I can use the dx5c I have. The factory receiver antennae was almost twice as long as the one on my sr315. I never cut mine it’s just shorter from the factory. I do have 2 kinks in my antennae and a spot where the shielding is missing and bare wire is showing. I get signal with the car for about 50 yards then lose it completely. Is the problem the slightly jacked up antennae wire? My remote has fresh batteries, that was my initial thought. And I also put the antennae as high as I could and zip tied it. It doesn’t reach the location for the antennae hole
New antenna is needed. Any kink or cut will kill it.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. Any idea if they are replaceable or do I need a new receiver ?
From the manual it looks as if it can be replaced but I’ve never owned that radio, so you’ll want to ask others who do own one.

AEF9011A-6859-4D19-A93D-92B9191C39B6.jpeg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back