Granite Losing signal on TTX300

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuzboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
So I was driving my 3S granite 4x4 it was acting a little funny and as I got it about 200’ away it went full throttle psycho on me on its own. It has the stock tactic radio system in it which I love by the way but im also disappointed in what happened and thankful there was not children around. What could be the issue here?

You need to enable failsafe. It must be disabled. Take the wheels off and prop it up on a block. This way you can test it without a chance it takes off on you. Turn everything on and test for throttle. Then switch off the transmitter and see what happens. This simulates loosing radio range

You need to enable failsafe. It must be disabled. Take the wheels off and prop it up on a block. This way you can test it without a chance it takes off on you. Turn everything on and test for throttle. Then switch off the transmitter and see what happens. This simulates loosing radio range

I have tried that, gave it a little throttle and killed the transmitter, and the truck came to a stop. Failsafe is working as far as that test goes.

Gotta watch that TH rate knob on the TTX300(y). It will get you every single time. Failsafe set and all.
Happened to me while loading a Lipo in the back of my SUV. Failsafe set up and working. Turned the Radio on first. Installed the lipo in my rig. Powered it on, bumped the TH rate knob as I was grabbing the TX, and the rig went ballistic in my SUV. Grabbed it quick to power it off. I got some road rash on my forearm from the Backflips. Analogue dial knobs can be dangerous like that. Bump the TH knob inadvertently and she will jet on you. I've seen guys have their rigs on a stand (4x4 blocks of wood)when working on them, even out in the field. I don't do that. But makes sense.
Digital display radios are less likely prone to this.

Last edited:
So I took apart my box and the reciever was wet! I put it in dry rice for a day and seems to be working fine now! Not sure how water got in though.

Sometimes even though you think you are running in the dry, wet grass from dew at dusk or dawn creates much moisture. My whole chassis was drenched one time. There were no puddles or water anywhere.
Also the Arrma RX box is far from waterproof. It def. takes on water. But the TR325 Rx is supposedly waterproof and mine never had issues with water. I use the same TR325 Rx in my crawlers going through streams and mud etc. But the Axial Rx box always takes on water in this way. Some Crawler guys actually drill a large drain hole in the Rx box so water drains out fast. They just make sure to Conformal coat any electrics within the box. The last 3 Rx's I took apart and put several more layers of Silicone Conformal coating on the board for insurance. Even though there is a light coat there from the mfr. I conformal coat anything I can take apart. From servo boards to Hall effect Sensors on my sensored motors etc. I was even thinking of conformal coating the electrics in my DX5C Tx. But that is brain surgery for sure. And not worth the effort on the TTX300 Tx. Some guys place the Rx in a balloon, wires hanging out, and tie off at the wires exiting, and drop back into the Rx box.
I've had my share of water/Rx issues in the past. The Rx gets a mind of its own out of no where.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back