Losing signal

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GABigRock

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hello All - went out yesterday for the first time in a couple weeks to run the Big Rock and I was losing signal. I installed the RadioLink RC4GS a couple months ago and never had any issues until yesterday. I've been working on it quite a bit lately so the battery wire has been flopping around when I turn it upside down to access the chassis. Not sure if it might be lose? I took out the electronics and plugged the battery in and walked down the road a bit, had my wife holding it while I moved the steering and throttle looking for the red light and no red light. Is there a way to test the ESC any further or should I replace it? It's the stock one the came with the V3.

Thanks,
Chris

Ok, I went through the calibrating process with the esc and will test again later today. I never calibrated it when I swapped out the receiver/transmitter to the RadioLink.

Hello All - went out yesterday for the first time in a couple weeks to run the Big Rock and I was losing signal. I installed the RadioLink RC4GS a couple months ago and never had any issues until yesterday. I've been working on it quite a bit lately so the battery wire has been flopping around when I turn it upside down to access the chassis. Not sure if it might be lose? I took out the electronics and plugged the battery in and walked down the road a bit, had my wife holding it while I moved the steering and throttle looking for the red light and no red light. Is there a way to test the ESC any further or should I replace it? It's the stock one the came with the V3.

Thanks,
Chris
Probably damaged the receiver antenna.

^^^ yeah Rx issue. Not the ESC.
Which model Radiolink Rx are you running?
Have you gotten the the Rx wet at all? Slightest amount of Corrosion will ruin the signal range.
Check your ESC BEC output voltage for a min of 6v to the Rx. Could even be a BEC brownout.
Radiolink 4gs/6gs have impeccable range out the box. Some Radiolink Rx models do have better range for what its worth. But even the most basic RL Rx has great range compared to may other radio sets.
I have the RC6gs for my Lim. I switched to the Dual Antenna RL Rx version for even more range. ( R12DS). Not necessary at all for bashing however.
Antenna(s) must be pointed straight up, properly in an antenna tube for best operation and keeping the antenna from the slightest damage.. Fundamental stuff. :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks all - I have a new receiver I can swap over - thank goodness these things are fairly cheap.

It never got wet but did see a kink in the antenna. Kinda scary seeing it come at me full speed and barely miss the mailbox do a couple flips and end up in the bushes :)

R6F is the receiver

If the end of the antenna is cut off or broken you can recut it to the correct length which I believe is approximately 31.23mm of exposed wire at the end. There are a few good videos on YouTube that show how to cut it out of the shielded wire properly. It’s easy to do but I can’t explain it good sry. You measure and strip the first plastic coating, then there’s a metal shield you remove to get to the antenna guts 😂

edit: 31.23mm is for 2.4ghz

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back