Lost a second youandme 4s 6500mAh 60C battery to this. Bummer.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Armarookie43

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Typhon 6s
This is the second battery that I have lost like this. It's not that old. Bummer :

20201219_191003.jpg

20201219_190938.jpg

Who makes it?
Cheap batteries off ebay. Youandme brand. I believe HRB is the same company. That happened to a couple of my SMC batteries too. I guess when I land hard and tumble etc. that happens sometimes. My wires are very long though and my batteries don't slide around. Xmaxx to be more specific ?. I'm thinking about trying out 7mm XT150 anti spark connectors. I wonder if that would help since I'm running 1/5 electronics.

Cheap batteries off ebay. Youandme brand. I believe HRB is the same company. That happened to a couple of my SMC batteries too. I guess it's when I land hard and tumble etc.
Ok, haven't heard about that brand and couldn't tell by the tape. Bummer, sorry about that happening. I had back luck with my SMCs puffing awhile back, new ones have different lables.

That looks too ugly to have in your hand. You have good insurance in the building your batteries are in?
I keep these beat up ones in a fire proof bag away from stuff and recycle them at the LHS. And yes I have insurance.

That is an easy fix. Just strip some of the wire back. Tin the end then remove the broken chunk off the tab along with the old solder. Add new solder, new flux and solder that bad boy back onto the tab. Use some Gorilla tape to seal everything up. I did the same thing to my Floureon batteries 2 years ago, the new solder job is holding up better than the factory job.

Talk to @olds97_lss he does this kind of stuff all of the time.

Is it just my old eyes or does that look like it desoldered itself. The joint on the battery side looks really smooth.

Is it just my old eyes or does that look like it desoldered itself. The joint on the battery side looks really smooth.
To me it looks like the wire broke off, doesn't look like they tinned it enough.

To me it looks like the wire broke off, doesn't look like they tinned it enough.
Now that you mentioned that. I think you are right. Looks like maybe 15% of that wire got tinned lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back