Senton Lost control and crash

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bobypapou

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
  2. Raider
  3. Senton 6s
Any one of you had this issue?. I was doing some run with friends Then my senton ran away with out Warning and crashes into a car.

Ouch man
How did that happened
First time i heard of this problem
I hope it ddnt got run over or something
I was on 5S. The front got smash even
Ouch man
How did that happened
First time i heard of this problem
I hope it ddnt got run over or something
I was on 5S. The frame and the front are broken. I didnt see the owners of the car. But the impact was mostly on the tire. I didnt see Any impact on the car itself. I will go to my rc dealer Tomorrow. Will see if he can do something. I will update the post Tomorrow.

Rc vehicles have something called a failsafe, i think yours is set to airplane mode, planes will fall out of the sky if the throttle shuts off when they lose signal so they are programmed to hold the throttle wide open after signal loss.Ground vehicles should shut off and stop.

Turn on the transmitter and vehicle, then turn the power off on the transmitter to see if the motor revs when it loses signal.

Last edited:
Hi

You may need to rebind the receiver to the transmitter, or maybe the batteries in the transmitter were too low.

Most RC's do not have failsafe's, that is why you turn the transmitter on first and turn the transmitter of last.

Hi

You may need to rebind the receiver to the transmitter, or maybe the batteries in the transmitter were too low.

Most RC's do not have failsafe's, that is why you turn the transmitter on first and turn the transmitter of last.

The Senton does have a failsafe, I double checked and my trucks failsafe functions properly.

You turn the transmitter on first so the esc can calibrate.

Yes, Arrmas do have a programmable fail safe. It is set to whatever your controls are set to when binding. All rc models should have these properly set and bench tested to verify proper operation.

And anyone that programs their airplane, or anything else for that matter, to wot on fail safe is a lunatic! Throttle should always be 0 with the lone exception being idle for a nitro in case you get a chance to save it. Yikes man, scary to even think about someone setting it to wot.

Yes, Arrmas do have a programmable fail safe. It is set to whatever your controls are set to when binding. All rc models should have these properly set and bench tested to verify proper operation.

And anyone that programs their airplane, or anything else for that matter, to wot on fail safe is a lunatic! Throttle should always be 0 with the lone exception being idle for a nitro in case you get a chance to save it. Yikes man, scary to even think about someone setting it to wot.

I would've apologized for the bad info about planes and agreed with you if you weren't so rude.

Sorry to come across as rude, but there is bad info and then there is dangerous info. The last thing our hobby needs right now is someone's plane whizzing into a crowded area at wot with no one at the sticks. Again, didn't intend to offend.

Back to the OP, I believe there was a member that lost control of his Arrma in a similar fashion who thought it was because he was in the area of some high voltage overhead lines (i.e. radio interference).

Sorry to come across as rude, but there is bad info and then there is dangerous info. The last thing our hobby needs right now is someone's plane whizzing into a crowded area at wot with no one at the sticks. Again, didn't intend to offend.

Back to the OP, I believe there was a member that lost control of his Arrma in a similar fashion who thought it was because he was in the area of some high voltage overhead lines (i.e. radio interference).

Its alright.I walked into that one since I wrote my original comment late last night when I wasn't thinking clearly
That's a brown out, one of my friends has a metal barn that can create them from static or something.I have a Futuba glitch buster in my Senton to play it safe.

Rc vehicles have something called a failsafe, i think yours is set to airplane mode, planes will fall out of the sky if the throttle shuts off when they lose signal so they are programmed to hold the throttle wide open after signal loss.Ground vehicles should shut off and stop.

Turn on the transmitter and vehicle, then turn the power off on the transmitter to see if the motor revs when it loses signal.
thx for the info. But sadly i can't try it the senton doesn't work anymore. i went to the RC dealer today to have a check on it. We found the receiver got toasted. I put my finger on it and it was hot like hell.

Ask for a warranty replacement of the receiver, and because the crash was a consequence of the fried receiver you should also get under warranty the parts that broke

Thank you guys for the info. I am waiting after my RC dealer to see what he can do to help me out. He took some picture of the senton and will send this to Arrma factory. Will see what will happen. Now i will play with my little Raider BLs. Still waiting on the 2wd FuryX. I hope i will never see Something like this again it scare the hell of me.

Ask for a warranty replacement of the receiver, and because the crash was a consequence of the fried receiver you should also get under warranty the parts that broke
Will do sir. like you said the receiver is under warranty. So basicaly they should do what you just said.

Little update here. I had an issue with the rc dealer and also it was the owner. He even insulted my gf in front of me. He was trying to sell me New part wich it was under warranty. I am glad I called yesterday arrma headquaters. They told me to send my senton. Sure it will cost the shipping. But at least they will either change part or give me a New car after they have a look at it.

Sounds like your local hs is like my lhs here
If they could they willtry to sell you their mother inlaw
I don't want to deal with them any more

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back