Limitless Lost for words.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cereal_killer

Bash/Break/Fix/REPEAT 🤣
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
I keep burning up the rear case. This is my second one. Running factory weight. And only the rear. It used to bend the rear stock shafts. But after a few runs I end up with this. I've shimmed one. I've left one alone. I typically wouldn't ask or anything but I am just stumped with it.

20220517_165055.jpg

What am I looking at!?
Is THAT the bearing seals melted??

Correct. I'll take some pictures of the other one that happened as well.
Could it be the bearings
I don't think that two sets of bearing would have been bad. I mean it is possible! But I just don't know 😕

Stock bearings? That's just crazy!

What am I looking at!?
Is THAT the bearing seals melted??
I believe that's the diff housing/bulkhead itself. No matter what the circumstances, I have a hard time imagining enough heat being generated in that area to melt bearing seals which are made of silicone which can typically handle temperatures exceeding 500°F (unless of course you're using metal shield bearing at which point the prospect of melting those is certainly an impossibility).

@real_name_hidden is it possible that your center drive shaft is generating excessive vibration killing the bearing and once it has seized up melts the bulkhead? Just a thought.

Last edited:
Stock diff carrier? I've heard people in the past complain that the aftermarket ones, like Hot Racing, meshed a little tighter and generated a bunch of heat and burned through bearings like crazy, but I know a ton of people run them without problems.

It's like the bearing wasn't seated all the way or something. But to happen twice...sounds like something else may be messing with the bearing

Since I was killing the stock rear shaft. Due to vibrations. I ordered a scorched rc one.. but it's a good possibly I'm still getting vibrations like crazy. Enough to make these diff housing melt.

Since I was killing the stock rear shaft. Due to vibrations. I ordered a scorched rc one.. but it's a good possibly I'm still getting vibrations like crazy. Enough to make these diff housing melt.
The vibrations alone won't melt anything but could, at least that's my hypothesis, be causing damage to the bearing/seal/race resulting in the bearing seizing up which at that point will start spinning the bearing itself inside the bearing cup of the diff housing generating a metric forkton of heat. That's the best I can come up with at the minute anyways.

lol man you're having some bad luck with this limitless. Feelsbad

Oh well. It will eventually get straight out. Just ordered some new diff cases. Input shaft. I'll get it eventually.

My mojave rear driveshaft, the cup and pin on the rear diff end has "seated" it's self pretty well. The pin can nearly lock into the worn notch in diff cup.

it has gotten too hot to touch before, however it was the shaft that had heated mostly. is it possible on yours something similar is happening / maybe shaft is somehow getting "push against" the rear diff cup....either way somewhere there is friction happening. maybe would show itself without load.

Metal siff housing,or go to the gp6 diffs.your running 3.3 13/43,gp6 is 2.8 15/42 which equals out to 25-35mph depending on setup, drastically reduces center shaft rpms...110ish$ for 2 gp6 diffs or we talked about metal diffs housings...I used to have this issues,vitavon fixed it for me

How long till it happens 1 pack 5 packs? Just curious I am no idea of why it's happening
Last diff lasted around 3 packs. This one less than a few passes. I've ordered a hr housing. Gonna see if it fixes it. If not it has to be something with the brace I'm using. And I'll switch back. I'm starting to wonder if I'm getting to much flex.

Last diff lasted around 3 packs. This one less than a few passes. I've ordered a hr housing. Gonna see if it fixes it. If not it has to be something with the brace I'm using. And I'll switch back. I'm starting to wonder if I'm getting to much flex.
Yea best luck think the hr housing may fix that problem. But may bring others on. Got be reason that's happening. Ur not going to melt the HR but...... Something may happen idk. Hope it doesn't tho

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back