Lost front hub nut for pillow balls

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sir bashalot

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
15265502992898173966290217293051.jpg
Just bought 2 kratons the other week check them over two make sure everything was tight and what do i find one of the cars was missing a pin out of the front cvd inside the wheel hub and that was with no runs straight out of the box.
Mmm not happy .
I contacted the hobby shop where i got them from and they say that its not cover by warranty but they will send me a replacement part as a good will gesture.
Got the part now all fixed.
Now both the kratons have only 2 battery pack go through them on flat grass oval running only and they have both lost the same steering hub nut and nylon bush that tightens up on the pillow ball.
I guess that wont be covered by warranty as well .I'm not enjoying my new arrma car at all.
Has anyone else had this problem and if so did you get it done under warranty or out of your own pocket?

Last edited:
I was lucky to find mine when it happened. Not sure if they'll warranty it. To help keep it from happening again, put some Teflon tape/plummer tape on the threads. I've been out bashing for a month now and never had one move on me. Keeps everything right where you want it when you adjust the pillow ball tension.

If you've never use teflon tape before watch a quick video because you can put it on the threads backwards and when you go to install the ball cap the tape will want to come off threads.

I've had those nuts loosen up, but never come off. After you have been in the hobby a while, you will (or should) get in the habit of pre-run ,post run, and battery swap checks. Give yourself 10-30 seconds to look the truck over, check for new wheel wobble, slop in the steering, driveline spinning smoother, other stuff. Then it can get easy to find stiff like a loose pillow ball nut before it falls off.

I was lucky to find mine when it happened. Not sure if they'll warranty it. To help keep it from happening again, put some Teflon tape/plummer tape on the threads. I've been out bashing for a month now and never had one move on me. Keeps everything right where you want it when you adjust the pillow ball tension.

Cheers for the idea about the teflon tape guys but i didn't think i would have too because my mate has had a typhon that has been bashed to hell and back and they have never come loose but i will be putting some on when i get the new parts.

Has anyone had good or bad experiences with the gpm alloy steering knuckles at all as buy the time i buy a pack of pillow ball nuts and the nylon bush that goes underneath it as you can only get it with a plastic knuckle arm replacement im only about $20 short of the gpm knuckle arm price i thought it might be worth the upgrade any thoughts?

I got set of hot racing for my kraton and typhon they are little heavier and cost 50 bucks a set but very strong and stay together very well no stripping or cross threading the caps and they don’t come of on there own

I got set of hot racing for my kraton and typhon they are little heavier and cost 50 bucks a set but very strong and stay together very well no stripping or cross threading the caps and they don’t come of on there own
Are they the ones with the rubber O ring around the middle of the thread?

Yeah I believe they do have a black o ring can post a picture later after work

Cheers im keen to find some good ones.
Im using thread tape and they still come loose every now and then

These are aluminum with aluminum caps they hold good haven’t lost one yet there is 2 different part numbers one for kraton and outcast and one for typhon and senton

Sorry I took so long to post pictures there are bolth kraton and typhon hubs they do have much nicer bearings lot bigger

Thanks chilly.
They look sweet as. Did they come with bearings or did you have to order them as well?

They came with them you can get from amazon or eBay

@Chilly I lost my front hub nut also and was looking at the H-R for the steering block upgrade. Do you have the item number? And did it come with the pivot ball spacer?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back