Typhon Lost reverse

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scisor34

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
So I was running my Typhon 3s the other day and everything worked perfectly, forward and reverse. A couple minutes later I had no reverse. It worked again a few minutes later a couple times but now I have no reverse. I didn’t crash or roll it, and tried different batteries but still no reverse. It’s like it’s in race mode because I still have full power forward. Any advice as to what would cause this and a solution?

So I was running my Typhon 3s the other day and everything worked perfectly, forward and reverse. A couple minutes later I had no reverse. It worked again a few minutes later a couple times but now I have no reverse. I didn’t crash or roll it, and tried different batteries but still no reverse. It’s like it’s in race mode because I still have full power forward. Any advice as to what would cause this and a solution?
Are you using the STX2 radio? If so, it’s a common issue. You can try the following and see if it corrects it:

1) Set dial D and throttle switch to 100%
EDIT: also throttle trim at 50%*
2) Calibrate the ESC again

Now see if reverse is more predictable. If not, call HH and complain.

*thanks for the reminder @Ari33

Check your throttle trim is not moved forward, that can cause it.

If you really need it trimmed forward you will have to recalibrate your esc.

Ok thanks. It came with the Tactic radio, I’ll check the throttle trim next time I run it.

Ok thanks. It came with the Tactic radio, I’ll check the throttle trim next time I run it.
If it’s the Tactic radio, then you only have a throttle trim, not a dial D or throttle switch, so ignore those.

You need to set your throttle trim to 50% and recalibrate the ESC

If it’s the Tactic radio, then you only have a throttle trim, not a dial D or throttle switch, so ignore those.

You need to set your throttle trim to 50% and recalibrate the ESC

Ok. Thank you, I’ll do that when I get some time. I bought it new just a few weeks ago but for whatever reason it had the Tactic radio.

Ok. Thank you, I’ll do that when I get some time. I bought it new just a few weeks ago but for whatever reason it had the Tactic radio.
You’re very lucky it did. The STX2 is junk. The Tactic is a very good basic radio

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back