Lost Sight of Limitless Turning Around and Smacked Into A Rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, that looks off bro, I feel ya. I wish I had any idea what it is. Just a shot in the dark...have you tried removing the sway bar?
I took it on and off on the good side. I am just replacing everything suspension wise including shocks. Only thing I don't have is a new tower. What a kick in the jewels after rebuilding the whole thing chassis up lol.

I took it on and off on the good side. I am just replacing everything suspension wise including shocks. Only thing I don't have is a new tower. What a kick in the jewels after rebuilding the whole thing chassis up lol.
Yeah no kidding bro...I feel for ya.

Honestly out of ideas. I have taken the whole front end off down to the diff housing. Everything looks straight, but no matter what I do the one side still droops much lower than the other even with droop screws and shocks off on each side. Running out of things to check/ replace.

Stripped the whole front apart and checked everything. Only thing I can think of is the bumper might be prohibiting proper movement of the A arm. If that isn't it I'm just buying a new front end or something. I have never seen so much damage and problems from hitting something under 20mph.

Recheck things like pillow balls, a arms, an everything to be sure there all tight and correct, and the droop screwas etc…. Sometimes we miss the obvious
Have you checked if your car stand is level try a flat surface and pick up the front center slowly to see how it lifts

Recheck things like pillow balls, a arms, an everything to be sure there all tight and correct, and the droop screwas etc…. Sometimes we miss the obvious
Have you checked if your car stand is level try a flat surface and pick up the front center slowly to see how it lifts
The problem is the A arm on one side can go lower than the other on their own. Even with the shocks and droop screws out. Nothing is visibly tweaked and it’s a brand new chassis. Only things I haven’t changed are the front bumper and shock tower which appeared to not be bent. I have a feeling the new chassis I got was slightly off and I wasted my time painting and transferring everything. Running out of other things it could be honestly. If the new bumper doesn’t do it I’m just ordering a carbon fiber one.

Can you set the droop properly, maybe it doesn’t matter how low they go if there restricted to only go so far?
I’ve honestly never checked my rigs without droop screws or stuff, and have had them go one higher or lower then I’d set the droop to adjust. Maybe your getting to picky I really hate to see you spend $$ on something that’s just a normal thing here and there.

I use tiewraps or ironwire to restrict arm movement. Droopscrews often don't do what you want.

That obviously does not solve the problem of the arms having different restrictions, which is strange...

It’s a significant difference. Almost as much as the original pictures. One side can literally touch the lip to the ground and the other side lowers it half as much and then just spins the droop screw even on a new chassis and new A arms. This happened after the crash, so obviously something broke I just don’t know what the problem is. At this point the only things not replaced are the bumper and shock tower and that’s coming tomorrow. My thoughts are that could be preventing an A arm from adjusting when it’s bolted in and snug. If it’s not that more than likely Jenny sent me a poorly stamped chassis and i already painted it so I’m SOL on that lol.

Honestly out of ideas. I have taken the whole front end off down to the diff housing. Everything looks straight, but no matter what I do the one side still droops much lower than the other even with droop screws and shocks off on each side. Running out of things to check/ replace.
Have you replaced both lower front arms? Crashes can ruin the threads inside the droop screw holes, but the arm may look fine. You don't see it, and the screw will still hold while the car is stationary on the bench, but when you run they can start to move and you get instant uneven alignment. New lower arms with threads that actually held the droop screw fixed this for me. If not that, and the new chassis isn't bent, then maybe its either lower or upper hinge pin bent inside the housing, or bent aluminum pieces that mount to front and rear of the diff housing, that hold the hinge pins

I already replaced both lower A arms and the one side still spins at half the height of the normal side. Brand new droop screw and part. Its starting to seem like I got a scuffed chassis to replace my crashed one. Pretty unfortunate since there's no warranty for it and I wasted time painting it and swapping everything. Have new hinge pin holders for the front and A new bumper as well coming tomm. The bumper looks fine, but I'm running out of things to swap without having any positive results.

After working on it tonight again I am 90% sure I was sent a poorly stamped chassis as my replacement. In order to get the front 2 wheels off the ground at the same time and the proper ride height I had to use massive screws from my Baja screw container and the droop on the higher side in the back was a good 3-5mm higher than the other side. Car looks like its half off a slope. I've never had a differential like that in suspension tuning and I know something isn't right. I'm out of ideas, but maybe someone else has a miracle answer or something. Just seems like there's a constant differential in height whether its front or back and that screams something is off with the chassis to me. My droop screws never stripped or didn't lower the car before the crash or before this new chassis and both of the new ones on the new A arms stripped first go at tuning the suspension tonight.

IMG_7633.JPG

IMG_7635.JPG

IMG_7636.JPG

IMG_7642.JPG

IMG_7643.JPG

Last edited:
Does anyone else know if that amount of compensation is normal? It definitely didn’t need anywhere near that amount or adjustment originally. The concerning part is it’s only on one side not both. I’m gonna try driving it on 3s just to see how it behaves.

Well after almost 2 weeks of hell and rebuilding over and over I finally believe my car is ready to make some passes. I believe the problem was a mix between a bent chassis and a slightly bent front bumper on one side which greatly impacted my ability to have each A arm sit even with each other. It seemed to track straighter than ever and stayed straight under little bursts of heavy throttle as well. Going to start at 4s and work my way up to 8s if I feel the car is dialed enough to handle it. I want to thank everyone that took time out of their days to respond to my posts and give me ideas and things to check to help get my car back on the road. As a fairly new member, everyone I have encountered has been very welcoming and helpful with no shortage of ideas or support. So thank you. Here is how she sits as of tonight. Don't have much room to really do more than 20mph or so with all the pot holes and speed bumps, but it feels great to be driving her again. Hopefully get some decent passes in later today for the holiday. Happy 4th everyone!

IMG_7662.jpg

Well after almost 2 weeks of hell and rebuilding over and over I finally believe my car is ready to make some passes. I believe the problem was a mix between a bent chassis and a slightly bent front bumper on one side which greatly impacted my ability to have each A arm sit even with each other. It seemed to track straighter than ever and stayed straight under little bursts of heavy throttle as well. Going to start at 4s and work my way up to 8s if I feel the car is dialed enough to handle it. I want to thank everyone that took time out of their days to respond to my posts and give me ideas and things to check to help get my car back on the road. As a fairly new member, everyone I have encountered has been very welcoming and helpful with no shortage of ideas or support. So thank you. Here is how she sits as of tonight. Don't have much room to really do more than 20mph or so with all the pot holes and speed bumps, but it feels great to be driving her again. Hopefully get some decent passes in later today for the holiday. Happy 4th everyone!

View attachment 227593
I can only echo that sentiment, this place is awesome. Happy to hear you're back up and running bro. Happy 4th to you too!! 🇺🇸

Just curious did you ever fix it? Or just tri it as is?
I believe the new chassis, front bumper and all new A arms and upper arms up front fixed it. Pretty sure the slight bend on the bumpers one side was the cause of the A arms being uneven. I am taking it out today for some easy passes. Went out yesterday, but apparently didn't tighten my pinion grub screw enough and got about 20ft before it came loose.

Just got in from a good hour or so of passes. Car seems to be straighter and smoother than it has ever been. Maybe I should smack it into boulders more often when turning it around lol. There was a lot of people coming and going, so my runs were a bit shorter than usual and I couldn't leave it pinned for as long as I would have liked either. Also noticed I need to recalibrate my throttle in since its reading over 100% at full throttle. I am going to post my logs for today. I hit 2 PB's in both 6s and 8s. Go Pro was dead from not using it while the car was down, so I'll have to back these up with videos next time I am out. On this gearing(36/34) I believe the car should have gone at least 3-5 mph faster in both 6s and 8s, but the smaller run space and leaving it pinned for less time greatly affected that. I am also still perfecting how my PP is set as well. Hope everyone had a fun 4th and got some runs in as well!

114 6s log.png

139 log .png

139 log 2 .png

IMG_7664.PNG

IMG_7665.PNG

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back