Lost Sight of Limitless Turning Around and Smacked Into A Rock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been examining the front end for almost 2 hours here and the only thing I can really see wrong is obviously the shock not staying compressed with the collars all the way down and the droop screw basically just spins at this point and doesn't make a difference much at all. I have new A arms and front shocks coming. Hopefully that will fix the problem.

So I got my parts in from Jenny's, but upon further investigation it seems the chassis is bent in the front. I took some pictures to make sure it's not just me, but I am pretty sure the drivers side or right side in the pictures is now higher than the left.
IMG_7563.jpg

IMG_7564.jpg

IMG_7566.jpg

IMG_7567.jpg

I had suspected as much. These aluminum chassis flex and bend surprisingly easily. Take everything off the chassis and get some calipers to see by how much it is tweaked and then go to work with a vise and hammer. Gently of course. Not Jeremy Clarkson hammering ;)

I had suspected as much. These aluminum chassis flex and bend surprisingly easily. Take everything off the chassis and get some calipers to see by how much it is tweaked and then go to work with a vise and hammer. Gently of course. Not Jeremy Clarkson hammering ;)
Yep I was going to give it a shot, but I figure for $50 shipped from Jenny's I'll know it'll be straight and probably save me a lot of time and swearing. It seems swapping everything over should be super easy. Appears to be in sections from the bottom. Haven't actually taken everything apart besides building it up from the roller and repairing as I go.

Yep I was going to give it a shot, but I figure for $50 shipped from Jenny's I'll know it'll be straight and probably save me a lot of time and swearing. It seems swapping everything over should be super easy. Appears to be in sections from the bottom. Haven't actually taken everything apart besides building it up from the roller and repairing as I go.
Yeah, migrating to another chassis is pretty straightforward and simple. No sweat :)

Got my chassis in the mail today so the rebuild begins. I figured this time I would try painting the chassis since I have a bunch of paint left from my rattle can body paint job which I will also have to redo after the crash. Going to go with a similar blue to the one arrma uses on the inside of the chassis and going metallic blue gloss on the bottom of the chassis. Got the priming about done and I will continue to post pictures as the coats are applied.

IMG_7576.jpg

Was a busy Sunday of wrenching, but she’s back on track. Suspension seems to level out now. Crazy how that works when the frame isn’t bent. Just need the new motor mount, install motor/ESC, spool, install repaired/repainted body parts and I’ll be ready to make some setup slow passes.

D81C9137-C190-4D79-9F07-F61A9D9E5C8E.jpeg

01EB981C-008C-46FA-AD3B-F7DEC35340DF.jpeg

797D9F53-A308-400C-BFD6-0A228FB0EF33.jpeg

93056FE6-8A8D-4CEE-AB17-C4955F0C8C13.jpeg

Lastly, I have a 36T pinion ready to go, but I want to make sure I’m maxed out on 34/34. I’m running a 1717/MMX8 combo with CNHL 70c 6k mAh 4s packs with BSR Purple foams and hit 137mph. The speed calculator says I should be hitting 145mph, even when I put in 7s for voltage drop compensation. Any confirmation on if there’s more on that gearing would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Was a busy Sunday of wrenching, but she’s back on track. Suspension seems to level out now. Crazy how that works when the frame isn’t bent. Just need the new motor mount, install motor/ESC, spool, install repaired/repainted body parts and I’ll be ready to make some setup slow passes.

View attachment 226176

Lastly, I have a 36T pinion ready to go, but I want to make sure I’m maxed out on 34/34. I’m running a 1717/MMX8 combo with CNHL 70c 6k mAh 4s packs with BSR Purple foams and hit 137mph. The speed calculator says I should be hitting 145mph, even when I put in 7s for voltage drop compensation. Any confirmation on if there’s more on that gearing would be greatly appreciated.
What voltage drop did you actually have at 137? (minimum and at max rpm are relevant)
Calculator only shows what speed it would go on a predicted rpm.
Logs tell you what rpm you reached and indications why it would be different from the calculator...

What voltage drop did you actually have at 137? (minimum and at max rpm are relevant)
Calculator only shows what speed it would go on a predicted rpm.
Logs tell you what rpm you reached and indications why it would be different from the calculator...
Thank you for the information. I might be using a crappy speed calculator since it only asks about my gearing and diff gearing, motor kv, and tire diameter. This is the data from the pass itself:
-Current: 305.8 amps
-Max RPM: 39,438
-Voltage: Min 27v
Avg 32.9v
Max 33.8v
There's nothing better than natural sunlight imho. There's just something about it that's magical.
Very true. I can’t wait for stones and possibly another Boulder to make the paint look that much better lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back