Kraton Lost steering 1st week

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

owdeettnl

Reaction score
So I bought a new Kraton 6s v5 and took it out last weekend and then yesterday and today, noticed yesterday steering was slow to respond, took it out today and when I turn it on turning does not work at all, it barely turns while driving. What went wrong? Is it a bad servo already or is there anything I can check?

They looked good when I first took it out but did not set them specifically. The first run it worked great but then yesterday I barely had any response only while moving though

Is the servo actually moving? and the wheels are not??
If so, it is the Servo saver that needs to be shimmed. If the servo is hardly moving, then your servo is bad. And very common to crap out.
Get another crappy weak servo from HH under warranty or just buy another. I use these on all my 6s rigs. The price is right for me. I gave up on the name brand ones. At double and triple the price. At least for my basher rigs. Servos are consumable sat some point. Theis servo has treated me well and none have crapped out for some time now. My Kraton has beat the crap out of one and it is still running just fine.
What ever you buy for your rig make sure it is a 35 kg servo. The stocker is so weak to begin with. You will see a difference. All RTR rigs come with cheap servos. You are not alone.

Amazon.com: Beffkkip 35KG Digital Servo Full Metal Gear High Torque Waterproof DS3235 with Two 25T Servo Arms for RC Car Robot Control Angle 180: Toys & Games

You should be able to turn the wheels from left to right quite easily by hand . If you disconnect the arm from the servo, the wheels should move smoothly very easy and with no binding. If they do , it is quite possible your servo is done.

Yea it’s the servo, wheels turn smoothly by hand just not with the power on so I’ll just buy a new one and send this one in for warranty so I have a backup 😁

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back