Infraction Lost steering and throttle mid run

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikerabz

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Typhon 6s
G’day guys,

I took my V2 infraction out for run today, everything was going normal until I adjusted my throttle trim and ST rate ever so slightly. Took off for my first run and right in the middle of my warm up run I lost all steering, throttle, break and watched her roll right passed me and and disappear under my parked car. The only thing working is the handbrake....cannot reset esc it just beeps but now I do t get the final green LED beep...I dunno if it’s the receiver or servo. Iv never crashed this thing or ever had any issues like this. I cbf tinkering with the receiver settings....am I better off buying a new receiver ESC setup all together or is there an easy fix to this issue.
Cheers guys

If the batteries cells are showing good, and you have tried unplugging the servo and turning it on, and a few other diagnostics id say its warranty time. And maybe use that one as a backup and buy something better.

If the batteries cells are showing good, and you have tried unplugging the servo and turning it on, and a few other diagnostics id say its warranty time. And maybe use that one as a backup and buy something better.
So when you say unplug the servo, do you mean from the receiver? Or do you mean one of the blue yellow or orange lead plugs?

my talion did the same thing when i first got it i thought it was broken so i left it in a box for 2.5 years and in September i got a new battery set and it was working fine and still was about a month ago when i drove it the throttle trim makes the esc red light flash so take the wheels off and try tinkering with the throttle trim and if you get it to the right point it might work it did for me also take care of the batteries so if it is a part that needs to be replaced then you won't have probs with the batteries (i think you overheated the esc to the point where the auto shutoff activates )

I had exactly the same thing, she crapped out at a fair old speed and then hit the kerb with no control.

The firma esc is a piece of crap, mine is on the way to horizon for replacement but I've already installed a hobbywing max 6 to replace it. Spektrum stuff is crap.

First thought, bad servo causing a brown out.
Second thought, is your ESC fan working? Could be overheating causing these symptoms.
ESC fan is working, I basically lost steering and throttle 2 minutes into my run, nothing was really overheating. I’m hearing that the servo may be busted and it’s messing with all the other electrics, I’m gonna unplug it today and see what happens
my talion did the same thing when i first got it i thought it was broken so i left it in a box for 2.5 years and in September i got a new battery set and it was working fine and still was about a month ago when i drove it the throttle trim makes the esc red light flash so take the wheels off and try tinkering with the throttle trim and if you get it to the right point it might work it did for me also take care of the batteries so if it is a part that needs to be replaced then you won't have probs with the batteries (i think you overheated the esc to the point where the auto shutoff activates )
The throttle trim isn’t working either, everything stopped working except the handbrake, I don’t think I fried anything because I wasn’t driving it long enough for it to overheat.
Thanks for your help guys much appreciated, iv come to the conclusion my servo is busted and the ESC is crap. I’m changing everything. Any good servo suggestions ? Might upgrade to the hobbywing max 6 combo setup also

Last edited:
Sounds like the esc, if you unplug the servos and there's still no movement it's definately the firma.
Buy a max6, get the firma replaced and bung it on eBay, that's what I'm doing.

Mine caught fire
^^^ I know the early ones did this. I had a complete fire in my Noto. Ripped the lipo out in time. Even had some video as it happened. I sent to HH. HH fixed it on their dime, body and all. It was toast, like $200.+ in parts and shipped it back. 8 185's later I only bricked one of them across all my Arrma rigs and others.

Some say 185's better than the 32 bit Firma's. They will be gone soon. Scoop up a few more if you like them a lot.
They are just RTR standard fare. But for the kit breaker price ( $60. ish) that they can be had for, they are a solid value. Just there's minimal settings and stuck with 6v BEC. Marginal brake settings.

Sounds like the esc, if you unplug the servos and there's still no movement it's definately the firma.
Buy a max6, get the firma replaced and bung it on eBay, that's what I'm doing.

Who do you think makes the actual hardware that are labeled “Firma” amd “BLX”? Yep, they are all Hobbywing. 🤷‍♂️

Who do you think makes the actual hardware that are labeled “Firma” amd “BLX”? Yep, they are all Hobbywing. 🤷‍♂️
Don't confuse us with facts. a is better than b because I think it is!
You Are Wrong Win GIF

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back