Infraction Lost throttle and steering

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulcandb

Premium Member!
Premium Member
Rig of the Month Winner
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
I just lost throttle and steering on my infraction v2. Still have control of the hand brake but thats it! Any advice on how to fix this would be much appreciated.

Warranty will cover as long as it isn't from a crash or anything lol
No crash at all just did a couple donuts and came to a stop and then nothing worked

Yeah the fact you lost all but 1 channel I would say reciver
I have only had this thing a month and have maybe driven it 5 times. Is that normal for them to crap out all of a sudden?

No but they seem to have gotten a big bad batch.. unfortunately any and all electronics are that way at timea

They are having major reciver problems. Do you have 1 you can swap in

They are having major reciver problems. Do you have 1 you can swap in to test?
Not really, probably just take it to my local shop to test
Just tried it again and it went through the beep cycle twice?... and then the final high pitch beep never happened and I turned the steering and it worked but the steering stayed at full lock to the left even after I let go of the remote.
No but they seem to have gotten a big bad batch.. unfortunately any and all electronics are that way at timea
Just tried it again and it went through the beep cycle twice?... and then the final high pitch beep never happened and I turned the steering and it worked but the steering stayed at full lock to the left even after I let go of the remote.

Try disconnecting the steering servo and try it👍
And disconnect all fans while at it.a bad fan can cause chaos

Disconnect both the steering servo as well as the handbrake servo and see if you have throttle. Then plug the steering servo in and see if you have steering and throttle.

The steering servo is an Arrma servo while the handbrake servo is a Spektrum - the Spektrum servos seem to take down the electrical system when they fail. I wonder if the handbrake servo died since Arrma doesn't really do any travel endpoint adjustment on that thing and just let it crank against the disc brake.

Disconnect both the steering servo as well as the handbrake servo and see if you have throttle. Then plug the steering servo in and see if you have steering and throttle.

The steering servo is an Arrma servo while the handbrake servo is a Spektrum - the Spektrum servos seem to take down the electrical system when they fail. I wonder if the handbrake servo died since Arrma doesn't really do any travel endpoint adjustment on that thing and just let it crank against the disc brake.
Ok so I disconnected both servos and I got throttle back, then connected hand brake and throttle and hand brake work then connected steering servo and lost throttle and steering doesn't work so does that mean the steering servo is bad?

Ok so I disconnected both servos and I got throttle back, then connected hand brake and throttle and hand brake work then connected steering servo and lost throttle and steering doesn't work so does that mean the steering servo is bad?

Yep, time for a new steering servo. You can get one of the generic DS3225MG 25 kg servos and might as well get Horizon to warranty the steering servo and keep it around as a backup.

Call HH for replacement and also buy a better upgrade ST servo with at least 35 KG torque. You will need a 25 Spline servo Arm for it. 99% of upgrade servos are 25 spline. Only if your Stock servo is labeled Spektrum, it is an odd 23 spline. Just food for thought if upgrading.
You will thank my later by replacing with a 35kg servo.. Keep the replacement servo as your backup. Always need a backup servo. Or you cant bash till a replacement comes. Wasted quality bash time. Servos fail. They get abused hard and driver error can contribute to a fast death.

Thank you all for the help, super informative

Back