Outcast Lots of work to do this weekend

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fahd

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Shimming and oiling the diffs and installing new shock springs/oils. Saturday is supposed to get rained out pretty bad, but Sunday looks to be ok. Can't wait to launch this thing with the new shock springs!
full

Nice! Are those front springs the yellow Teknos also?

^^ Oranges.

Hey @Rich Duperbash . Any chance you have the part number for the washers used inside the shock on the piston?
^^ Oranges.

Hey @Rich Duperbash . Any chance you have the part number for the washers used inside the shock on the piston?
Dubro 2109, 3mm washers are the ones I use. Most LHS should stock them. This mod works no doubt. Was telling Buck recently that after an Outcast Mega launch, broke a rear shock shaft, found the mod washer was bent, but the piston was unharmed!!!

Dubro 2109, 3mm washers are the ones I use. Most LHS should stock them. This mod works no doubt. Was telling Buck recently that after an Outcast Mega launch, broke a rear shock shaft, found the mod washer was bent, but the piston was unharmed!!!
Thanks again!

Do you put the washer between the piston and nut (where the stock washer is), or the other side? Or both?

So nut - stock washer - new washer 1 - piston - new washer 2 - rod? I'll see if it fits, these washes look quite thick.
Sorry I wasn’t that clear. So nut new washer then piston then new washer then stock. It worked for me

OK so for future reference:

* Typhon V2 had tiny tiny stock washers, polished metal, one was the wrong side of the piston (guess which one broke...).

* Talion V3 had washers as big as could be (they were very close to the piston holes), dark metal, one was again on the wrong side.

* I put large washers (3mm inner hole, same external diameter as the stock Talion ones, so as large as possible) on both sides of all pistons, removed the tiny ones on the Typhon and will update this post if things break

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back