Senton Loud gears in my ARRMA Senton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Senton 6s
Hey guys, I was wondering about loud gears in my senton. It's a bit too noisy for my liking, so I opened it up, and I found nothing. The car drives normally, everything seems to be fine but that noise is driving me nuts, coz I always thing that there's a issue waiting for me. The gears are almost as loud as the ones in my kraton 6s. Sure the sound is different.

Hey guys, I was wondering about loud gears in my senton. It's a bit too noisy for my liking, so I opened it up, and I found nothing. The car drives normally, everything seems to be fine but that noise is driving me nuts, coz I always thing that there's a issue waiting for me. The gears are almost as loud as the ones in my kraton 6s. Sure the sound is different.

Video of the sound? They all make noise, just a matter of how much noise... if your losing a bearing in the motor it will make loads of noise
Which senton you have?? a 6S

3s

You might just be hearing the noise of the motor, spurgear and drivetrain.

It's a 3s, and unfortunately I don't have video now. Motor seems OK.

I was just wondering if it's possible that the plastic drivetrain etc, could almost be as loud as the metal one in my kraton.

Absolutely man... better safe than sorry no doubt... but it sounds like it could be completely normal.. if it still hangs in your mind that something may be wrong just toss up a video so we can confirm/help ya buddy...

My granite started making a loud drivetrain noise, ended up being a worn spur and pinion, probably from the tight factory mesh setting. I install new pinion and spur, and also drilled out he motor mount holes slightly for a looser mesh, and its runs a lot quiter now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back