Typhon Love my Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trainwreck

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
This thing has been a blast!!! My Typhon on the other hand just lost its 2nd receiver. Not sure if its servo or esc. Taking them out. Have to contact HH again. Anyone else have similar issues? Its a 6s v5

20210327_174518.jpg

Just got mine yesterday! Haven’t had a chance to bash it yet due to bad storms. Eagerly waiting!

The steering has been great!! Not sure what everyone else has been saying. Surprised I had to dial a little expo in It

I looked at one today !!
It was difficult not pulling the trigger on it
But I don’t have any 8s batteries anyway!!
I definitely see purchasing one in the near future!!!!
They look awesome!!!

The steering has been great!! Not sure what everyone else has been saying. Surprised I had to dial a little expo in It
Great steering on Typhon. Kraton steering sucks with v4 servo. That was my first upgrade

Got mine a week ago still haven’t drove it yet, getting the dual fans and front EXB bumper and rear skid plate then I will try it out. Also mine is also 6s V5 In RED!!!!!.

Overall the thing is fantastic. But my steering has been completely lousy, like some others here experienced too. Have to figure out what I’ll do about it. Glad to hear you don’t have problems with yours. It’s a great rig

Overall the thing is fantastic. But my steering has been completely lousy, like some others here experienced too. Have to figure out what I’ll do about it. Glad to hear you don’t have problems with yours. It’s a great rig
U will need a servo for the Kraton. I shimmed my servo saver spring with a traxxas slash shock collar fits perfect
U will need a servo for the Kraton. I shimmed my servo saver spring with a traxxas slash shock collar fits perfect
Spring preload collar

I’ve been Running full battery packs (2x 3s 5000mah) and the motor doesn’t overheat, but I’m still going to add a heatsink and dual fans to be safe. This has been one of my favorite rcs (Kraton 6s v5). No issues with steering, I adjusted toe in, end points, with some expo and it handles really good.

I run a FlySky GT5 with bs6 receiver. Perfect combo. Never lost signal, even far away, very fast reaction low latency

About the receiver issues, I saw a YouTube video, Bars and Tones I think, where he had a issue with his outcast receivers burning up and checked the output from the esc and it was nearly 20 volts! So it wouldn’t hurt to check that.
good luck!
Hurricane

seems spektrum is a hit and miss thing. more hit in my book but my spektrum servo went out on like my second battery pack. replaced it with a savox. spektrum esc went out a couple of weeks ago and just got it back from horizon yesterday. already replaced that with a castle creations esc/motor combo. My brothers Losi just lost it's spektrum receiver yesterday. then again, some folks are running the spektrum stuff day in and day out with no problems.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back