Lovestrickens new body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

3d-rc.myshopify.com

Eat,sleep and breath Arrma
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Notorious
  7. Senton 6s
  8. Senton 3s
20200316_205112.jpg

The film you all voted for.
20200316_205035.jpg
20200316_205045.jpg

That’s going to be super cool ?
Thank you. I am hoping so. There is a surprise at the end. And I will never tell lol

I'm sorry to let down everyone. I got a trapped air bubble in the body and panicked and fiddlesticked it all up. Looks like I need to figure out how to clean this off or just make it a bashing body and try again. I also think I need a much bigger container.
20200316_220035.jpg
20200316_220023.jpg
20200316_220045.jpg
20200316_220008.jpg

15844113993942990701615065273387.jpg
Thanks everyone. Means a lot to me. I did a little sharpie touch up in the blank spots. This is gonna be my bashing body. I know now what I did wrong. Well I think I do lol. I started at the back end when I should have started at the front that way the air had somewhere to go. You live and learn. Your right still looks better then factory lol

Had you not said anything- or post the pre shots. We would all just be telling you how awesome it looks!

As you said, live and learn! I’ve learned more from my mistakes than any of my accomplishments. ?
Lmao it's fiddlesticking amazing isn't it. Yup best dipper ever lmaooooo

denatured alcohol will remove the graphics..

also as a tip if you have small areas that need to be touched up you can take a small piece of film and tape it to a bench ink side up... take small paint brushes like in kids art sets and get it wet with activator.. rub the brush onto the film.. it will pull the ink off the film into the brush like water colors.. you can touch up with that.. its a trick ive used so many times with many dips and works well..

denatured alcohol will remove the graphics..

also as a tip if you have small areas that need to be touched up you can take a small piece of film and tape it to a bench ink side up... take small paint brushes like in kids art sets and get it wet with activator.. rub the brush onto the film.. it will pull the ink off the film into the brush like water colors.. you can touch up with that.. its a trick ive used so many times with many dips and works well..
I see a re dip in the future. Thanks for the tips. Is there a way to press them like a temp tattoo? Probably not. Can't hurt to ask lol

no problem buddy.. no not really like that, i wish...lol.. this takes practice, but i have used this option.. it is possible to under activate the film to let it keep "structure" as you know the complexity of the body shape naturally stretches the pattern.. when its slightly under activated it moves more like a wet towel on the water keeping the pattern together.. there is a super fine line on this though and is a pain to accomplish with good adhesion.. thats as close to a sticky tattoo your gonna get lol... its really something you need to see with your own eyes and very hard to explain..you want the film to start to expand but not completely glass out...

another helpful tip take some 2" masking tape and apply it to the sides toward the bottom fold the tape so it forms a handle on each side.. right before you enter the water pull out on the sides to flap them out.. the deal here is it will enter further out in the pattern allowing more film footprint between the 2 sides.. you will get less stretching into the roof area because there is more material there for it to use...

i hope this all makes sense.. i think im babbling..

Not to me. I want to learn and @Mr.Duke has a great tutorial up too. I think I have the container that will work for the size. I'd like to try too and all insight is very helpful.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back