Low C rating battery questions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrcastro

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hobby king has some zippy batteries on sale.
6s 5000 with constant 30c and burst 60c
And
6s 5800 with constant 25c and burst 50c

Should I be worried on the lower c ratings?

Plan on using on notorious and talion v3.

I’d avoid them. They’re underpowered and while you’re guaranteed poor performance as a result you also run the risk of a lipo fire as the car tries to pull more power than the battery can supply.

Yeah I would too, that and the Zippy brand batteries are known puffers. When it comes to Hobbyking batteries in order of quality it goes Graphene Panther, Graphene, Turnigy HD, Turnigy, Nanotech then Zippy.

Yep. Watched my buddies Typhon go down in a majestic ball of flames with a 25c battery. Not recommended... Especially to the vehicles that you want to run. Those are usually ran with constant hard throttling doing jumps, tricks and speed runs. Lots of juice!

What about it? Issues with what?
The first post in this thread was asking about zippy packs. A bit lower C, but similar. So, I was curious if the posts dissuading OP against buying those applied to the 40C variant I asked about. I tried looking for zippy 40c and didn't find anything.

The first post in this thread was asking about zippy packs. A bit lower C, but similar. So, I was curious if the posts dissuading OP against buying those applied to the 40C variant I asked about. I tried looking for zippy 40c and didn't find anything.
Zippys are the lowest quality packs that Hobbyking sells and I can't recommend them.

Explains the $25 price tag. lol!

Just thought I'd ask as I hadn't seen anyone use them, and for $25... would make it easier to switch over to 3s/6s on everything I have.

Read my post further up the page.

Ah, I didn't catch that one when I was reading through.
Yeah I would too, that and the Zippy brand batteries are known puffers. When it comes to Hobbyking batteries in order of quality it goes Graphene Panther, Graphene, Turnigy HD, Turnigy, Nanotech then Zippy.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back