Low cost parts and tips for your Arrma Fury

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CA Arrma

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fury
I don't know about you, but I purchased my Fury because of the price. Thanks to Black Friday and Tower Hobbies, I was able to purchase a Fury for around $100. I want my hobby to be affordable. Would people be willing to share their low cost upgrades & repair tips? Find a seller low cost on Ebay? A hobby store with a great price on something that works on a Fury? Post it here.

I will start:
Found that amainhobbies.com has on clearance a stainless steel screw set for the Mojave. Mojave and Fury are basically the same thing. $12.25 for the kit, can't beat it.
http://www.amainhobbies.com/rc-cars...e-stainless-steel-screw-kit-rczarr004/p271093

My son has had his Arrma Fury for 10 months now and he hasn't broken a single part yet. (I hope I don't jinx him with that statement)

He's had a servo, esc and receiver go out, but Arrma has replaced all of those without hassle under warranty. We've also replaced the tires with Proline Trenchers when his stock tires became slicks and we put a set of Traxxas Ultra shocks on as well. (We got a used set from someone for cheap, <$10).

So... In our experience the Fury has been a remarkably affordable vehicle to maintain. My advice is to enjoy your new truck and don't worry about getting anything else for it right away. If you want to upgrade down the line you can find some great options on this forum. Welcome and have fun!

Welcome!

Typically it's not too hard to maintain the fury, and there are some cheap-ish ways to go about replacement parts and upgrades. There are plenty of threads on the forum too on this.

Some good upgrades you can make from the get-go are perhaps tires for your driving conditions, and shocks. For tires I use a pair of Louise SC-Pioneers on sandy terrain (too grippy for grass), but I believe the Badlands are pretty good on the Fury too.

Shocks are a good upgrade, but tricky to find ones that fit the fury. There are some good threads to help you on this and @Skaxis also did some great posts on upgrades he did, including shocks - see here: http://arrmaforum.com/threads/fury-upgrades-ive-done.427/

For shock upgrades also check here - http://arrmaforum.com/threads/affordable-1-10-scale-aluminium-shock-upgrade.67/

A good tip I can give you - get yourself a spare diff kit. Always good to have one of these as back-up in case your diff blows at a time when there's no open / nearby hobby shop.

Also have some locktite close by, and/or some spare screws...especially if your doing jumps. Might not be the case with everyone, but the amount of screws lost between myself and @poombah...

Same with body pins, lol. Skaxis has a good post on that to in his upgrades thread.

Good luck and enjoy! :)

Especially when LHS here charge $0.40c PER SCREW!!!!

Also 2 part epoxy is your friend. I've broken the servo box twice on mine and its held together with metal stitches and epoxy.. Also good for repairing a arms.

Don't forget to blolster/strengthen the body shell as they are weak as stock.

Thanks for the tip on the screw kit. Amain has it at $11.49 now.

I have a screw on the Fury that likes to back itself out. I have always managed to catch it before it gets lost, but with no LHS within 60 miles, having this kit might save me someday.

I was actually able to get it for $12.35, tax included, on Amazon. I bought it through a seller named Rapid Warehousing because I could get free shipping, where Amain would charge $5.

I had purchased through Rapid Warehousing before and the box showed it was from Amain, which was pretty interesting.

Last edited:
when his stock tires became slicks and we put a set of Traxxas Ultra shocks on as well. (We got a used set from someone for cheap, <$10).

Exactly which Traxxas Ultra shocks did you use? They don't provide eye-2-eye lengths in mm for their shocks. They only list like XXL. So not useful! Everything I read tells me they are too long for the Fury. Fury front shocks eye-2-eye are 78mm and the rears are 98mm. The only ones I can find that are the correct length without modification are the Integy MSR11 shocks. I'm in the process of testing them out on my Fury. Reports are that the Integy shafts like to bend under hard use but I think any shock could do that if the use was hard enough. ;)

You can put spacers inside the shock, on the shaft below the piston. This will limit the eye to eye shock length. For the rears the 100mm Traxxas shocks didn't need much to be a perfect fit. I wrote it up here: http://arrmaforum.com/threads/affordable-1-10-scale-aluminium-shock-upgrade.67/page-3#post-2645

For the fronts the shocks are longer than stock still... but the chassis is still sitting pretty level and seems to drive ok. One of these days we may tear down the front shocks and tweak them to be the same exact size as the stock Arrma shocks.

Tweaking the shocks with spacers on the inside to limit the expanded length or on the outside to limit the compressed length lets opens up your shock options considerably. I finally got tired of looking for the perfect fit shocks and went this route to give us something better than the stock shocks.

Tweaking the travel using spacers is a decent enough work-around but by limiting the travel it could muck with the spring tension. Not all springs are as linear as the manufacturers might have you believe. For a basher though it's likely close enough to suffice. That's one of the big problems with the Arrma setup. Total lack of shock upgrades either by them or 3rd party companies. Traxxas and Losi have tons available. I don't need tons but some might be nice.

I find the stock Arrma shocks to stack too quickly and rebound too fast. Reports of weak caps are all over the forums and leaks seem to be a big issue as well. It's not like plastic shocks can't work. Tamiya CVA shocks are some examples of plastic shocks done well. Too bad I can't make them fit the Fury. :(

Hi

If Arrma had made the shock bodies or the shock caps and end caps out of a harder plastic I do not think we would be having so many problems with the shocks.

Break a rear body mount post?
Arrma replacement will be $20+ because it is on the same "parts tree" as a rear bumper and other stuff.
Associated 9821 is a body mount post kit for the SC10 2 of them fit perfect. You will only need a shorter length screw. Price is about $4.00

Darn!
amain.JPG

Sorry. I think I bought the last one. Amain had it in stock for 11.49+tax+4.95 shipping. Then I bought the one through Rapid Warehousing, who showed only one in stock, on Amazon for the same price + tax and free shipping. After I bought it, the discontinued notice came up on Amain.

Box that arrived today had Amain as the return address.

Something to keep in mind when shopping for RC parts on Amazon.

Last edited:
Sorry. I think I bought the last one. Amain had it in stock for 11.49+tax+4.95 shipping. Then I bought the one through Rapid Warehousing, who showed only one in stock, on Amazon for the same price + tax and free shipping. After I bought it, the discontinued notice came up on Amain.

Box that arrived today had Amain as the return address.

Something to keep in mind when shopping for RC parts on Amazon.
Hey, no worries, someone here got it! :)

Are they the same? and happy to help!

Prob not, the previous was for a Mojave, this is for an ADX-10.
Being a bottom feeder and semi-familiar with Arrma's tendency to standardize, figured there'd be a lot of 3mm hex screws.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back