Typhon Low kV, high gearing vs high kV, low gearing?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I never had the vxl6s esc, only the mxl-6s esc and it died on my second 6S run when I moved it to the 2.0 chassis after 2 hard years of 4S in the v1.

@Ari33 I have seen enough posts about Arrma 6s cars with 2200kv motors getting hot, that I can agree that it MIGHT get too hot. As you said running the 4000 mAh LiPos hopefully help keep the weight down enough.
Ambient temps and driving style will ultimately be the deciding factor. 150 to 200kv although seemingly little can make quite a difference in heat and rpms.

Thanks, understood.

I'm not too hard on my Typhon, not really one to keep the throttle constantly nailed, so think it should be ok... I'll go mild on the timing/turbo etc and if I have to get motor fans and/or gear it down a bit... then I will.

Not sure what the top end would be but the stock14t pinion on 2200kV will probably be fast enough.

I never had the vxl6s esc, only the mxl-6s esc and it died on my second 6S run when I moved it to the 2.0 chassis after 2 hard years of 4S in the v1.
I just meant castle escs in general. That’s the only time I’ve had an mxl. All other times were actual castle mamba monsters. Truck currently has a mme out of an xo1

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back