Limitless Low Pro BSR’s. No lathe needed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LicketySplit

Space Shuttle Door Gunner
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Outcast 6s
So I know some people want to cut their foams down but don’t want to buy a tire lathe. They aren’t cheap so I get it. I have a lathe but was in the market for new foams so I decided to give these a shot. The foams I cut are on the right in both pics. The one’s I didn’t cut are on the left. They are about 98mm. The low pro’s are about 96mm. Available in double pink and purple for sure. Didn’t look for red or anything else. Same price also.
29A1EDBF-F4F0-49BF-BBC7-50EED392F7E3.jpeg
F2026B62-AC1A-4EF8-8273-08B42C84B3AB.jpeg

I already bought one. Oh well. But it sure is nice to not have to deal with the mess!!

I had made an 8mm rod on my drill press with wheel hex to mount the wheel. Then I mounted a vice on the platform that would hold a cutting device.
I had only cut 1-2 mm off the tire and stopped. It was a giant mess!

Some people like to run new BSRs on low cells (lower speeds) and then once they are worn down use them on their faster cars. Seems like a pretty good method also.

I'd like to get a tire lathe, but I just can't justify the cost. So I'm having a go at making my own on a really small budget. We'll see how it goes.
You’ll figure it out. Look at how good you do with the CF. Cutting foam is easier. 🤣

You’ll figure it out. Look at how good you do with the CF. Cutting foam is easier. 🤣
The actual cutting of the foam yes. This is just a matter of getting a couple of components lined up at perfect 90° angles with the ability to control two axis of movement in a precise and repeatable manner. I really want this to cost a lot less than the aftermarket lathes but be able to produce the same kind of results.

The actual cutting of the foam yes. This is just a matter of getting a couple of components lined up at perfect 90° angles with the ability to control two axis of movement in a precise and repeatable manner. I really want this to cost a lot less than the aftermarket lathes but be able to produce the same kind of results.
Holding a sanding block with some coarse sand paper actually works quite well.

Holding a sanding block with some coarse sand paper actually works quite well.
I'm sure it does. I just have a love of lathes and I enjoy Jerry rigging stuff like this. I obviously wouldn't try to make an actual lathe for turning steel as that's an entirely different level of quality. That's so far beyond my capabilities, I could just as well try to make a nuclear reactor with a similar expectation of success.

I'm sure it does. I just have a love of lathes and I enjoy Jerry rigging stuff like this. I obviously wouldn't try to make an actual lathe for turning steel as that's an entirely different level of quality. That's so far beyond my capabilities, I could just as well try to make a nuclear reactor with a similar expectation of success.
Love the lathe? Lathe out the holes in @LicketySplit 's shower drain, help him out. :ROFLMAO::sick:

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back