Kraton Low voltage cut off on the V5 kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smoe666

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Sup everyone I recently purchase my first kraton 6s V5. And I am trying to find the low voltage cut off on the esc variables, and on the manual is not on there for the V5. Can anyone help or the low voltage cut off is already preset into the esc n can’t change it? Thanks

CD41889E-3FCF-4C8A-A996-64AD49E6343C.jpeg

Sup everyone I recently purchase my first kraton 6s V5. And I am trying to find the low voltage cut off on the esc variables, and on the manual is not on there for the V5. Can anyone help or the low voltage cut off is already preset into the esc n can’t change it? Thanks

View attachment 109861
It is setting 3. There isn’t any adjustment.

I don’t even kno TBH. I kno the v4 u can set the Low Voltage Cutoff. I email support and they haven’t gotten back to me yet.
The V4 does not have a setting either. The last 6S Arrma to have an adjustable LVC was the V2.

I don’t even kno TBH. I kno the v4 u can set the Low Voltage Cutoff. I email support and they haven’t gotten back to me yet.

The V4 does not have a setting either. The last 6S Arrma to have an adjustable LVC was the V2.

This. The V4 came with the BLX185 which does not have adjustable LVC either.

BLX185.jpg

Oh ok thanks for the help.?
@smoe666 I would suggest checking out getting a low voltage alarm.

They are super cheap and very loud. Plus you can use something like this on any RC you have since it's not tied into your ESC.
I’m using 2 3s lipo. Will the low voltage alarm be able to plug in 2 3s lipo or one low voltage alarm is only for one lipo? Thanks

I’m using 2 3s lipo. Will the low voltage alarm be able to plug in 2 3s lipo or one low voltage alarm is only for one lipo? Thanks
To be safe you will need one for each lipo

You'll want one for each battery.

The link I provided there are a number of sellers that offers 3, 4, and 5 alarms for just a few bucks. That would be what I would use... actually that is what I use. ;)

The link I provided there are a number of sellers that offers 3, 4, and 5 alarms for just a few bucks. That would be what I would use... actually that is what I use. ;)
Thanks I just order 2 of them online.

View attachment 109861
The answer is in front of you. That setting is not a variable.
Its already set to LIPO. Nimpacks are no longer a variable. (about time it was deleted)
Lipo mode by default will tell the ESC to monitor your Lipos average volts and the ESC will decide to go into LVC level 1 or 2 depending. You have no control over it. You are good to go. I would check the lipo with a cell checker when you do go into LVC 1 or 2 so you know how low the Lipo cells will get when the ESC decides to Cut in. Some ESC's go LVC rather low in volts and that could spell distaster to a lipo/ cells. Perfect scenario LVC cuts in at around 3.4v or higher. Not below. Good to guage that with a cell checker initially. So you know. I have seen LVC cut as low as 3.1. Very bad. It appears no 2 identical ESC's go LVC exactly the same from my experience using the same LIPO for comparison. Just my thoughts. ?‍♂️ :cool:

The answer is in front of you. That setting is not a variable.
Its already set to LIPO. Nimpacks are no longer a variable. (about time it was deleted)
Lipo mode by default will tell the ESC to monitor your Lipos average volts and the ESC will decide to go into LVC level 1 or 2 depending. You have no control over it. You are good to go. I would check the lipo with a cell checker when you do go into LVC 1 or 2 so you know how low the Lipo cells will get when the ESC decides to Cut in. Some ESC's go LVC rather low in volts and that could spell distaster to a lipo/ cells. Perfect scenario LVC cuts in at around 3.4v or higher. Not below. Good to guage that with a cell checker initially. So you know. I have seen LVC cut as low as 3.1. Very bad. It appears no 2 identical ESC's go LVC exactly the same from my experience using the same LIPO for comparison. Just my thoughts. ?‍♂️ :cool:
Thanks for the info. ?

Last edited:

I thought to mention that I received some cheapo generic lipo alarms (4packs). And few of them were not accurate. I would check them all first using one known good lipo verified with another cell checker or your charger. Seems sometimes the cells voltage don't jive with each alarm. Then it trips inaccurately. Happened with 2 packs (8) Returned the first set and received a second set that also had a few bad lipo alarms. But if they are working fine, it is great insurance to have. Especially with cheap ESC's that go to LVC very low. :) I usually set them for no lower than 3.5/cell sometimes even just 3.7 v. depending how long I want to run my packs.

My batteries cells voltage was at 3.4V right after LVC kicked in on my Kraton 6S v5 today. I saw that the stock Spektrum 150A ESC has the option to change LVC setting, so maybe it's just a matter of updating the firmware.

Back