Low voltage cutoff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rider211

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Anyone out there know why or have there cutoff kick in with 3.77v in all cells (sometimes it's 3.75s) or similar? I thought it was just my esc but I ran this 6s pack in my buddies talion today and it did the same thing in it.

What mah, cell count, brand and C rating batteries are you running? I noticed with my 5200mah 3s Lectron Pros that after cut off they are at 3.60-3.65 per cell while my 5000mah 2s gensacearespammers are 3.40-3.45 per cell. What that means is that under load my Lectron Pros have greater voltage sag which is triggering the low voltage cutoff.

There smc 6s 7400mah 90c, but my buddy has the same lipo n we got them same day and his will run down to 3.34 every time in his or my arrmas ... that's funny I had 3 lectron 6s 5200s and they cut out lower....untill 3 months went by n they all dropped a cell in the same week I just made them into 4s packs today

On another note these smc 7400s last like a hr...4 $120 there a deal

Last edited:
There smc 7400mah 90c, but my buddy has the same lipo n we got them same day and his will run down to 3.34 every time in his or my arrmas ... that's funny I had 3 electron 5200s and they cut out lower....untill 3 months went by n they all dropped a cell in the same week I just made them into 4s packs today

On another note these smc 7400s last like a hr...4 $120 there a deal
That is odd that a large capacity, high discharge SMC battery would have that much voltage sag under load. I wonder what the heck is going on there. The battery doesn't get hot, swell up or connectors get hot? I guess since you narrowed it down to a battery and not an ESC issue, you could see if maybe it's a bad solder job on the battery connector maybe.

Yeah I haven't had good luck with Lectron Pros but my one buddy has had nothing but good luck with them.

That is odd that a large capacity, high discharge SMC battery would have that much voltage sag under load. I wonder what the heck is going on there. The battery doesn't get hot, swell up or connectors get hot? I guess since you narrowed it down to a battery and not an ESC issue, you could see if maybe it's a bad solder job on the battery connector maybe.

Yeah I haven't had good luck with Lectron Pros but my one buddy has had nothing but good luck with them.

That's what I was thinking, maybe a bad soldering job on the wires or on one of the tabs, I'm pretty sure it's only under full load cuz I can switch the esc off and on and it will run full power again until I get on the gas hard 4 a few seconds, the lipo and connectors don't get crazy hot or anything either but it must b voltage sag from a weak connection somewhere rite? The cells r always exactly the same ,all 3.77 or close sometimes it's all 3.75

As for the lectron pros they could b good lipos they just need to match the cells a lil better,in 2 of my 6s 5200 packs the cells that stayed good are all exactly the same and 2 are now 4s packs and I used a spare cell to replace 1 in my 3rd 6s that was the same voltage, and the cell or cells that died were always a lil off the others n got worse as time went on even thou i balance every time n pack i charge

Yeah that's the only thing I can think of. If nothing is getting hot and you are still getting good performance and good runtime, I personally wouldn't worry too much about it.

As for the lectron pros they could b good lipos they just need to match the cells a lil better,in 2 of my 6s 5200 packs the cells that stayed good are all exactly the same and 2 are now 4s packs and I used a spare cell to replace 1 in my 3rd 6s that was the same voltage, and the cell or cells that died were always a lil off the others n got worse as time went on even thou i balance every time n pack i charge
Yeah I got four 3s Lectron packs with my 2wd Slash 3 years ago and then last year I got four 2s Lectrons. Then in one month two of the 3s batteries dropped a cell and then two of the 2s batteries started getting way out of balance to the point that they each killed a cell within 2 months. I haven't bought another Lectron battery since.

Ya I won't be buying anymore common sense products,I emailed them about the warranty and they never even replied, thanks 4 the help chevys

Ya I won't be buying anymore common sense products,I emailed them about the warranty and they never even replied, thanks 4 the help chevys
No problem. Not sure if I really helped though lol. Let me know if you decide to check the solders and if you find anything else out.

Ya you did, I was so fixated on it bn something to do with the cells of the lipo I didn't think about the obvious....solder connections.gna put a new plug on it this weekend just to start somewhere

Ya you did, I was so fixated on it bn something to do with the cells of the lipo I didn't think about the obvious....solder connections.gna put a new plug on it this weekend just to start somewhere
Sounds good. Let us know if that helps this issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back