Kraton Low voltage error

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KPCrow

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I just don't understand. I had 2 6s lipos which after about 2 months both alarmed low voltage... and I have no idea why... I never left them plugged in or anything like that. Couldn't save them, so I wasted a lot of money as I had to chuck them. Bought myself a different 6s battery, nearly brand new maybe 5 packs through it and its saying the same thing... Pisses me off. Every second battery run I do I balance charge it, and I don't even run the battery all the way down now. I don't understand what Im doing wrong?! I have ordered a low voltage alarm and hope that this will help out with the lipo cut-off. Any advice on keeping my battery from saying this would be extremely helpful.

Do you storage charge your batteries? Also, I always plug in my balance leads when charging. How low is the voltage of the batteries after you run the truck? You can set your ESC to shut down earlier too. I have the Max6 and it shuts down at 3.4 volts. After you run the truck, do you fully charge them, leave them dead or half charge them?

Yes I storage charge them when i am not going to use them for 3 days or longer and yes i also always put the balance lead in as well. after running it (btw not running the battery all the way down to the lipo cut-off) its around 19-20v I guess. How can you set the arrma kratons lipo-cut off earlier?? After I run them I make sure the volts go back up to around 3.6-3.7 volts

Check your manual or download a manual off the internet. Your LVC goes by the voltage of each cell. A cell shouldn't be drawn below 3.2 volts. So 3.6 should be fine. What's actually failing on your batteries? Are they puffing up or is a cell not taking a charge?

After checking the manual, it doesn't look like the stock ESC has options for setting the LVC. You can by a LVC alarm very cheap but they're not always 100% accurate. I bought a pack 5 of them for like $10 delivered.

Does your charger display each cell individually like this?
MTFfLbCl.jpg

If it does it is easier to tell if you have a dead cell or whatever might be going on. Also check your balance board, I had one go bad on me and it would randomly throw a low voltage/voltage error when charging. Check this to make sure it is not faulty. These things are cheap, you can buy them from Tower for like $6. https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...VpUfDIOdHlFgrHcwlMbMyPylHKsRViuYaAjlYEALw_wcB
dtxp4158.jpg

After checking the manual, it doesn't look like the stock ESC has options for setting the LVC. You can by a LVC alarm very cheap but they're not always 100% accurate. I bought a pack 5 of them for like $10 delivered.
Yes I have ordered myself one

Does your charger display each cell individually like this?
MTFfLbCl.jpg

If it does it is easier to tell if you have a dead cell or whatever might be going on. Also check your balance board, I had one go bad on me and it would randomly throw a low voltage/voltage error when charging. Check this to make sure it is not faulty. These things are cheap, you can buy them from Tower for like $6. https://www.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bi...VpUfDIOdHlFgrHcwlMbMyPylHKsRViuYaAjlYEALw_wcB
dtxp4158.jpg
No my charger is not that good! That would be a nice to have though

Check your manual or download a manual off the internet. Your LVC goes by the voltage of each cell. A cell shouldn't be drawn below 3.2 volts. So 3.6 should be fine. What's actually failing on your batteries? Are they puffing up or is a cell not taking a charge?
isnt the lipo cut-off on the arrma vehicles 3v?

Irrc it is 3.4v
People have told me its 3v than 3.2 and now 3.4! what is it??

What charger do you have?
You need to buy something to show what each cell is reading. A lipo battery voltage checker would be the best bet and is cheaper than a new charger. https://www.amainhobbies.com/hitec-...opjOwvC6xA1UExkX8JDNZuYB4LWl9KTsaArlWEALw_wcB
Yes I should probably purchase myself one of them and I will let you know my charger when I am home

People have told me its 3v than 3.2 and now 3.4! what is it??

3.2 volts is the absolute lowest you can go on a lipo. Read the back of your battery. The LVC is set slightly higher than that, 3.4 volts-3.6 volts, to ensure you don't damage the battery. What kind of charger are you using?

3.2 volts is the absolute lowest you can go on a lipo. Read the back of your battery. The LVC is set slightly higher than that, 3.4 volts-3.6 volts, to ensure you don't damage the battery. What kind of charger are you using?
SO the lipo cut-off is 3.6 on the esc? Im getting mix signals from other websites and forums. The charger is a G.T Power C6D Dual power (Btw 4 years old)

20180515_103846.jpg
the back of my Lipo.

SO the lipo cut-off is 3.6 on the esc? Im getting mix signals from other websites and forums. The charger is a G.T Power C6D Dual power (Btw 4 years old)

I couldn't find where it said what the actual cut off is on that stock ESC. If you have a friend with a charger I would try theirs. Being 4 years old it could just be the balance port is worn out. Or bring your batteries to a hobby shop and have them test them with their charger.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back