Senton Lower skid plate upgrade

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Smashingshitup

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. 4x4-Mega
I was wondering if there's any front lower skid plate upgrades. Everytime I take my Arrma Senton 4x4 Mega out I break the front skid plate. I'm going on my 7th one. I'm running a Castle brushless motor(4600kv) 17t pinion and a sidewinder3. Any ideas on how to make it fast.

Are you running stock lower front skid plate? If so you would want to try the T-bone lower front bumper. I also did have to replace my son’s upgraded aluminum lower front bumper multiple times on his Granite Mega when he goes bashing. Most hobby shop carry that brand , otherwise they can order it for you or order it yourself delivered normally in 2 days via regular mail . And also to make it faster I’m not so good at gear ratios, all I did as an advice from a known hobby shop close to me is to get upgrade skinny tires. They can suggest to you what’s best and how much budget you’re in. Hope it works for you.

I've been unable to find a replacement other than the original part, which is on backorder. I've glued mine back together and applied some duct tape haha.

Btw there is a forum specifically for the mega senton/granite. Regular senton parts do not transfer to the mega senton or so I've been told.

Not sure I've had it about 2 months. All the skid plates break in the same spot though...

Attachments

• 15206828968401597678297.jpg
    15206828968401597678297.jpg
    307.4 KB · Views: 78
  • 1520682932828278613681.jpg
    1520682932828278613681.jpg
    267.5 KB · Views: 83
@Smashingshitup Once aftermarket parts come available, going to a smaller spur gear will help with speed. 91t is a big gear, smaller will go a long way. Also, watch your diffs., not sure how strong they are

I was wondering if there's any front lower skid plate upgrades. Everytime I take my Arrma Senton 4x4 Mega out I break the front skid plate. I'm going on my 7th one. I'm running a Castle brushless motor(4600kv) 17t pinion and a sidewinder3. Any ideas on how to make it fast.
What I did on most cases before I bought the aftermarket skid plate I took 1/8 stainless rod and bend it , had someone weld it on 1/16 thick stainless sheet and I bent them the closest I could to the shape of the base and I drilled a hole where I can screw then back in. I just wish I kept it to send you a picture on how I did it. We just had a house inspection last January from termites and roaches from the county and all the scrap I had to throw away.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back