Outcast Lowering Suspension

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rek’D Up

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I’ve been looking at my truck a lot here lately & I cannot come up with a way to lower my tuck. I’d like a lower center of gravity & I think vehicles that are lower to the ground look better. Anyone know anyways to lower the outcast?

I’ve been looking at my truck a lot here lately & I cannot come up with a way to lower my tuck. I’d like a lower center of gravity & I think vehicles that are lower to the ground look better. Anyone know anyways to lower the outcast?
You can add 1/4” dishwasher line in the shocks to lower it you can also use the droop screws but that’s just temporary. I used the 1/4” in my stampede and it worked awesome

You could put bump stops inside the shocks to limit how much droop is possible, using poly tubing. There are many videos on Youtube showing how to do this and ensure that it is level all the way around. I did this on my Slash, and used a how to video posted by a YT user named darkeclipticheart, and I had no problems doing it. This way you can still maintain the ability to adjust the feeling of how hard or soft your suspension behaves while maintaining the ride height you are looking for.

Does that really lower the ride height or does it just make it softer. Meaning it doesn’t bounce back as quickly

Changing the pre load alters the ride height due to raising or lowering the initial force the spring exerts. It does not change the spring rate. That is determined by wire size and number of coils.

All you have to do to lower it is turn all 4 of the droop screws clockwise until it sits at the desired height

This is mine sitting empty with no battery, currently setup for speed runs and waiting for parts to arrive

IMG_7763.JPG

Thanks everyone for the answers! Gonna try the drop screw method first, seems the simplest then I’ll give the hose method a try if I don’t like the outcome. The drop screw method looks pretty low so I’m sure I’ll like it!

All you have to do to lower it is turn all 4 of the droop screws clockwise until it sits at the desired height

This is mine sitting empty with no battery, currently setup for speed runs and waiting for parts to arrive

View attachment 22501

The intent of droop screws is not to control ride height. It is to be able to adjust the amount of droop (down travel) your suspension has. It is a very valuable suspension tuning tool. On anything other than a nearly baby bottom smooth surface, running 0 droop is detrimental to handling.

The intent of droop screws is not to control ride height. It is to be able to adjust the amount of droop (down travel) your suspension has. It is a very valuable suspension tuning tool. On anything other than a nearly baby bottom smooth surface, running 0 droop is detrimental to handling.
So which meathod would you recommend for me to want to lower my truck? Don’t want to do anything that could ruin something if it can be prevented. Also curious of a shock oil weight preference? Also a diff oil weight preference that would help with the outcast just standing in a wheelie all the time.

Last edited:
So which meathod would you recommend for me to want to lower my truck? Don’t want to do anything that could ruin something if it can be prevented. Also curious of a shock oil weight preference? Also a diff oil weight preference that would help with the outcast just standing in a wheelie all the time.

How are you using your truck ? Rough terrain bashing, big air, stunts ? Or something pretty smooth like a little bit of yard, street, parking lot kind of thing. Or strictly speed runs ?

How are you using your truck ? Rough terrain bashing, big air, stunts ? Or something pretty smooth like a little bit of yard, street, parking lot kind of thing. Or strictly speed runs ?
Yard, street & dirt. Don’t really ever jump it & if I do it’s nothing crazy.

It’s an Outcast! It dies a little inside every time you don’t send it. Please make it happy ?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back