Kraton Lube and oil help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dauransx

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
I looked and did not see any post on this and i cant look that long or my eyes bleed.

What lubes and sprays should i get to maintain my Kraton? Please don't give me a random list of a bunch products for the same job. Link products on Amazon thats best for each job or ill just get more confused on what to get.

This is one item im guessing ill need to spray into the bearings and joints? If not, correct me. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00631GSSI/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A1SV1BYDTUK2Z5&psc=1

This is what I use on all of my arrmas works great keeps dust out and prevents rust and corrosion.
20180327_175733.jpg

I don't know... i just know i should have a set of lube and oils and what not from what i've seen in YT vids. I have fast eddy bearings, not all installed tho...

I' running fast eddies in all of my arrmas the lubes I posted work great clean them down with brake cleaner like woodie said then use the lucas on bearings and the wd on all other lube points. I swear by the lucas best I've used so far really keeps the bearing free spinning.

I' running fast eddies in all of my arrmas the lubes I posted work great clean them down with brake cleaner like woodie said then use the lucas on bearings and the wd on all other lube points. I swear by the lucas best I've used so far really keeps the bearing free spinning.
Even sealed bearings? figured you don't have to lube them, least not on the inside. I ordered the gun oil and that WD40 and woodie's grease he said which was all $31ish total. hopfully i don't need any other stuff... ill get break cleaner later...

Has anyone used this dry lube with teflon? I picked it up at home depot and I just lubed everything on the front half of my senton and it seems to work great this far.. any thoughts would be appreciated thanks.

Attachments

• 20180330_223648.jpg
    20180330_223648.jpg
    219.3 KB · Views: 54
Even sealed bearings? figured you don't have to lube them, least not on the inside. I ordered the gun oil and that WD40 and woodie's grease he said which was all $31ish total. hopfully i don't need any other stuff... ill get break cleaner later...
Yes because I spray my bearings with break cleaner then dry them off the gun oil the bearings before reinstilation. Even tho the bearing are sealed you still want them to free spin as easily as possible.

Has anyone used this dry lube with teflon? I picked it up at home depot and I just lubed everything on the front half of my senton and it seems to work great this far.. any thoughts would be appreciated thanks.

I'e used the dry lube it works pretty good it' not my go to lube but it works good and you got the right kind with Teflon.

I don't know how it happened but the WD40 got into the bearing even tho i did not spray into them or near them and now the fasteddy bearings grind and they are new and never been driven at all so what gives? i put that gun oil in the bearing and it still does it and binds.

All of the bearings like that or just the 1 I've never had any issues with .one and I've been running the same lube and I put the fast eddies in the 3rd day I had mine.

just the one and it was fine before. i really never ran the car with them but i just sprayed the joints 20min ago and it must of got into them and now it sounds like sand is on the inside.

If it's 1 bearing it could have a broken seal on the bearing. But even if the wd. Got In there and it was never ran there isn' anything abrasive in the wd to make a grinding sound. If it' 1 bearing I' say replace that bearinig because I've had mine out bashing in the mud a few times and when I took the bearings out I threw them in a cup of brake cleaner. Then took them out sprayed them off clean. Throw some of the lucas on there and good 2 go never had a issue. I use it on my 2 arrmas my rustler with the outcast motor my son's vxl do the same thing for bearing maintenance every time sounds like a bad bearing to me. Shouldn't b grinding if there isn' any grime inside.

its not bad if it was fine just before i sprayed the WD40 and the seal was fine but i took it off and put WD40 in it and let it dry and then put the gun oil in it and sealed it back and it seems fine now i guess. i put the WD40 on the stock bearing that was fine and smooth and it did the same after i did it so no idea why there would be dirt inside the never used fasteddy bearing unless it was dust... i had them in for a week or so. kinda wish i never got the WD40... i never even aimed near the bearings and it still got inside them.

Just saying I kno many people that use the same lube sorry your having issues I kno it works fine for me and others and was recommended it by my lhs when I got my bearings.

I like silicone spray to all the plastic parts, leaves a nice Armor-All like glossy finish.
Very rarely, but when going bashing I spray pan spray, cooking type so food does not stick, and spray under the chassis and overall the suspension to prevent dirt/grime stick to it. Once done, some water and dish soap and lube as needed.

I don't think WD40 would make any surface sound like sand, have never seen that. And contrary to what it is stated online about its properties, I do spray directly into the bearings and never, *my opinion, have had any problems, small scale or large scale 5ive and baja bearings.

They are assembled a dime a dozen, the bearings are not going into a full scale helicopter or aircraft which needs to meet rigorous quality standards.

If the bearings have a rubber side, they can be repacked, have brought to life a few bearings by giving them a good cleaning and some grease.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back