Granite Lubricant or silicone lubricant, to clean my rc?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MacX3

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Granite
  3. Vorteks
Lubricant or silicone lubricant? Which one to use to clean rc. I need to clean my rc, checking the bearings etc. I heard this and that about simple green and WD40. I'm cleaning it by hand, with brush, rag and a compress air can.

Lubricant or silicone lubricant? Which one to use to clean rc. I need to clean my rc, checking the bearings etc. I heard this and that about simple green and WD40. I'm cleaning it by hand, with brush, rag and a compress air can.
Don't use wd-40 on bearing. Get bearing lube. Water only if u can for sure dry it all the way. What u listed is what I clean with. Simpke green then wd-40 wipe down plastics. Seema easier to clean next time. And folks say it helps the plastic not get brittle

I don't have access to an air compressor or simple green. It's rag, brush, an compress air can and then some sort of greas

My methods (because it works for me).

If it's just dry, dusty, debris dirty:
1. remove body and shake out debris
2. blow out with leaf blower (I too do not have compressed air)
3. sometimes a dry brush

If it's muddy or wet dirty:
1. remove body and shake out debris, remove battery
2. spray with simple green
3. hose down (trying to avoid electronics)
3b. repeat the above if still dirty. sometimes use a rag or brush if required.
4. blow dry with leaf blower
5. connect battery and run up so to splash out any water in moving parts.
6. spray all metal parts (excluding bearings) with silicon spray. I don't touch the bearings. When they need replacing I replace them.
7. place it in a dry warm location to dry for the night like near the fire place. Give it a glass of red wine and dim the lights :LOL:

I used to use WD40 but it disperses to fast and still had surface rust appearing.

My methods (because it works for me).

If it's just dry, dusty, debris dirty:
1. remove body and shake out debris
2. blow out with leaf blower (I too do not have compressed air)
3. sometimes a dry brush

If it's muddy or wet dirty:
1. remove body and shake out debris, remove battery
2. spray with simple green
3. hose down (trying to avoid electronics)
3b. repeat the above if still dirty. sometimes use a rag or brush if required.
4. blow dry with leaf blower
5. connect battery and run up so to splash out any water in moving parts.
6. spray all metal parts (excluding bearings) with silicon spray. I don't touch the bearings. When they need replacing I replace them.
7. place it in a dry warm location to dry for the night like near the fire place. Give it a glass of red wine and dim the lights :LOL:

I used to use WD40 but it disperses to fast and still had surface rust appearing.
Cool thank you! Mine is dry, dusty from the dirt track. I'm just going to by a regular lubricant for the bearing and/or the screws. Thank you!

Use baby wipes. Use a small paint brush to push them into tight areas if needed and use it sort of like a q tip. The only areas of an rc car that really need grease are the diff crown and pinion gears. Use bearing oil on the bearings.

we need a guy to sell a magic brush tool for a drill that would do fking wonders.
From what i heard simple green eats the inodizing. Just use citrus cleaner. Its good to clean bearings disokves the grease(be sure to dry them off completly after the rinse) no more expensive chemicals that are dengerous for ur health

Leaf blower
dry large paintbrush
blaster silicone spray for the chassis, just cover over the electronics. Helps prevent rust and lets things move easier like hinge pins....etc

I picked up the detailing tool that Raz recommended but haven’t had time to get anything dirty yet 🤷🏻‍♂️🤣

Use baby wipes. Use a small paint brush to push them into tight areas if needed and use it sort of like a q tip. The only areas of an rc car that really need grease are the diff crown and pinion gears. Use bearing oil on the bearings.
Any recommended grease and bearing oil? That's if my LHS doesn't have it.

Name brand doesn't matter or type of grease/bearing oil?
Some would prob say so. Im not that educated yet. High temp for sure. I kinda looked around and
I just kind of looked around ended up taking the best bearing oil that was also high temp. Other foldks more educated in this may have certain brands

Most people use Lucas Red N Tacky for their diff gears and I'm not sure about bearing oil, everyone swears by a different brand when it comes to that it seems. I just replace my bearings when they start to get gritty.
Would have been nice to watch him start with car that was dirty but I might have to pick up one of those. The demo video on Amazon does a better job at showing how well those things work.

Last edited:
Back