Big Rock Lubricant suggestions?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

keaton228

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Is there a lube that you can pick up at a Walmart or something that is safe to use on RC that’s not Wd-40? Or do I need to order mooslick since most sprays seem to have petroleum. Just don’t want to break down any plastics, gaskets, etc.

It think it depends on what you're attempting to lubricate and for what purpose. What would you be using the WD-40 (or other lubricant) to accomplish?

Just something to put on moving parts to keep everything smooth
Alot of this will come to personal preference and everyone's "past experience", but the only things I personally lubricate on my RC are those that are sealed: internal diff gears, diff ring and pinion gears, and I use grease/oil as a gasket or barrier to dirt ingress for the diff housings. Everything else I don't lubricate. There is enough dirt and debris when driving RC's that any exposed lubricants will collect it and then become, effectively, sand paper or sanding grit.

I do know there are folks that religiously clean off and regrease their trucks after every single bash session. And i suppose if you were going to lubricate exposed moving parts, that'd probably be the way to go. But it's alot of work for me. This will probably come down to a time vs money discussion. For example, buying new bearings more frequently vs spending extra time to regularly clean/re-grease truck's bearings.

Alot of this will come to personal preference and everyone's "past experience", but the only things I personally lubricate on my RC are those that are sealed: internal diff gears, diff ring and pinion gears, and I use grease/oil as a gasket or barrier to dirt ingress for the diff housings. Everything else I don't lubricate. There is enough dirt and debris when driving RC's that any exposed lubricants will collect it and then become, effectively, sand paper or sanding grit.

I do know there are folks that religiously clean off and regrease their trucks after every single bash session. And i suppose if you were going to lubricate exposed moving parts, that'd probably be the way to go. But it's alot of work for me. This will probably come down to a time vs money discussion. For example, buying new bearings more frequently vs spending extra time to regularly clean/re-grease truck's bearings.
Such a good point. I lean toward being anal about cleaning but the older I get the more valuable my time is so I’ll probably be cleaning as much as reasonably can and performing maintenance as needed.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back