Kraton Lunsford Titanium Turnbuckes - Worth it?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RC-RAD

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Kraton 4s
  4. Mojave
  5. Outcast 4s
Anyone have experience with these titanium turnbuckles? Over a period of time my turnbuckles tend to bend or sometimes snap (when I land sideways of course).

Would these Lunsford titanium turnbuckles be a worthy upgrade to prevent the turnbuckles from bending? I’m not looking bomb proof turnbuckles just something more stiffer.

Thanks in advance for you comments or suggestions.

Lunsford Titanium Turnbuckles
951C074E-1D84-4DDD-8B05-7A5B8B5CD012.jpeg

I got them on talion for a year or so expensive but not broke one yet

Get the new exb turnbuckles. They look beefy

4s
Anyone have experience with these titanium turnbuckles? Over a period of time my turnbuckles tend to bend or sometimes snap (when I land sideways of course).

Would these Lunsford titanium turnbuckles be a worthy upgrade to prevent the turnbuckles from bending? I’m not looking bomb proof turnbuckles just something more stiffer.

View attachment 90063

Do it..✌

View attachment 90063
I’ve got these on my Kraton! AWESOME.

I recently got them for my Granite with Typhon arms, so they're Typhon length. They are definitely stronger. I was bending stock turnbuckles often. The Lunsford hold up much better. Recently I did notice one had a slight bend. I'm going to send it to Lunsford, they are supposed to have a lifetime guarantee against bends or breaks. Another benefit is they do not spin around as easily as stock. I had to readjust the stock turnbuckles after every run because they always got spun around. I have not broken any other parts due to stronger turnbuckles. I think they are well worth it. Eventually, I would have spent the extra cost to constantly replace stock turnbuckles. Not having to re-align turnbuckles after every run is a huge relief.

Last edited:
I recently got them for my Granite with Typhon arms, so they're Typhon length. They are definitely stronger. I was bending stock turnbuckles often. The Lunsford hold up much better. Recently I did notice one had a slight bend. I'm going to send it to Lunsford, they are supposed to have a lifetime guarantee against bends or breaks. Another benefit is they do not spin around as easily as stock. I had to readjust the stock turnbuckles after every run because they always got spun around. I have not broken any other parts due to stronger turnbuckles. I think they are well worth it. Eventually, I would have spent the extra cost to constantly replace stock turnbuckles. Not having to re-align turnbuckles after every run is a huge relief.
I am thinking about getting them fo my 3s Typhon, care to share some pictures?

I snapped my front EXB turn buckle in a discussion I lost against a steel post at speed.

I decided to upgrade them. I went 1mm thicker and the same length. I don't expect it will ever break again. Even though they are thicker and stronger, they are also lighter. Score!

For me it was worth it, hands down, but it not worth it in the economic sense. But if you have some disposable income, it's a great material to use in RC cars.

Its stronger than steel and more flexible than aluminum.

have them on the talion for 3 years ish now still good. but had the stock ones on one of my kratons for a long time and not broke them either (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back