Kraton LVC CUT OFF?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
I was just wondering how often you guys run your trucks until LVC stops it. I try not to because I like to clean mine with a hose and want it running while I do so. I’d rather know I got water damage than put it up only to find out next time I got a problem and have no idea where it might be. I’ve learned over the years how to spray and not damage stuff. Will I have time to clean the vehicle after LVC is the real question I’m getting at? Hope this makes sense but I understand if it don’t

LVC is to save your battery. Using more after LVC risk discharging the cells so low they are damaged. All depends on what your LVC is set to. Only way to find out is with a tester to check each cell level.

As long as you get it cleaned up pretty quickly so you can get the battery back up to storage voltage. Being at LVC for a short period shouldn't really hurt anything, but avoid leaving it for days like that. I generally try stop running when my batteries hit around 3.7v no load.

Well, it all depends on what your ESC LVC setting is. Here’s the problem……if your rig is set to cut off at 3.5 say, after you wash it, those same batteries you just used won’t run the drivetrain because your ESC says “these lipos are too low”.

If you want a sure fire way to monitor your lipos, buy a Venom lipo alarm, stick it on your chassis, attach a lead to the balance cable so you can see your cell voltage at a glance during a drive by. Stop running when you still have enough juice to do clean up.

758B8731-8C82-46A7-BA24-E1C697F14394.jpeg

I was just wondering how often you guys run your trucks until LVC stops it. I try not to because I like to clean mine with a hose and want it running while I do so. I’d rather know I got water damage than put it up only to find out next time I got a problem and have no idea where it might be. I’ve learned over the years how to spray and not damage stuff. Will I have time to clean the vehicle after LVC is the real question I’m getting at? Hope this makes sense but I understand if it don’t
Why would anyone spray their truck with water when the electronics were energized? I’m no rocket surgeon, but it seems like that has Bad Idea written all over it.

Why would anyone spray their truck with water when the electronics were energized? I’m no rocket surgeon, but it seems like that has Bad Idea written all over it.
I can't help but imagine you stirring a white russian with a confused look on your face while you say that..lol

I can't help but imagine you stirring a white russian with a confused look on your face while you say that..lol
Be that as it may (often confused, often potentially compounded by White Russians) I wasn’t responding to the LVC question as much as the statement that he has his truck powered up when cleaning it with a garden hose. Not me, man. I see no benefit of this approach and possibly several serious and costly downsides to this practice. Is this a thing?

Be that as it may (often confused, often potentially compounded by White Russians) I wasn’t responding to the LVC question as much as the statement that he has his truck powered up when cleaning it with a garden hose. Not me, man. I see no benefit of this approach and possibly several serious and costly downsides to this practice. Is this a thing?
Not for me either. But to each their own I guess. I just knock the big mud off, check for broken stuff and put it away.

I agree with Dan but I don't run my stuff in mud or water.. I do like water in my rum sometimes.

Well, it all depends on what your ESC LVC setting is. Here’s the problem……if your rig is set to cut off at 3.5 say, after you wash it, those same batteries you just used won’t run the drivetrain because your ESC says “these lipos are too low”.

If you want a sure fire way to monitor your lipos, buy a Venom lipo alarm, stick it on your chassis, attach a lead to the balance cable so you can see your cell voltage at a glance during a drive by. Stop running when you still have enough juice to do clean up.

View attachment 262528

Do you know of any of those alarms that will only beep while it's under the alarm voltage? So if it sags under full throttle, it will beep, but when V comes back up, the buzzer turns back off? I have the generic ones from amzn/china and they work fine but once they go on, they stay on. And they are loud af, which is great in some cases. But not on a hiking trail. I literally took one of the buzzers off one (they have 2 buzzers on them)_, and painted the remaining one with liquid rubber. I'd still like it to be a little quieter, but it's OK now.

When it goes LVC, just shut it OFF then ON again, the rig will power on. Enough power to stay idle, fans running and clean it.

Your idea of Washing it while running it is futile however. Does Not prevent water damage corrosion from happening down the road after some time. I never hose my 6s bashers. But many do. And Running it while using water can fry the ESC, even cause it to go on fire. Grass Dew that developed while I was bashing one evening, made my ESC go on fire. I put it out before the Lipo exploded. I always remove my Lipos before I wipe down my rig. Never let them get wet. Even High humdity is bad for lipos over time. Usually I just blow it off using a paint brush to finish it up. A cloth with Simple Green 50/50 on it and I wipe down if it is very dirty. Rigs don't have to be spotless IMHO. A little dust and dirt does not hurt them. Over cleaning them does. The Chromium BB's will all get rusted real quick.
Water is bad for the fans and all the electrics. Despite claiming to be WP.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back