Big Rock LVC didn't kick on in my BRCC??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TraverseCity420

Total Arrma Fanboy
Reaction score
Damn batteries out lasted me in the brcc and the LVC didn't kick in tested my bats each cell in my 3s pack is alarming and there 3.58 volts or less.

what gives?

Oh the downside of running rtr escs super low lvc.
I really wish that Arrma would either just run normal Hobbywing esc's or just rebrand the Hobbywing esc's and not neuter the crap out of them.

3.0 volts is the bare minimum, so you better be ready to shut off the truck quick when lvc hits, and unplug the batteries right away. I left a pair of 2s hooked in once, just threw the truck in the trunk after a bash session. It stayed in the trunk for a few days because I forgot about it, and just staying connected, drained them to 2.8 volts. Emergency defib brought them back, but having to watch them more carefully ever since. Seem to be fine with no signs of cel damage. All the cels charge back up to peak. Would be nice to find out if one of the program cards has been hacked to change the settings on the 185

3.0 volts is the bare minimum, so you better be ready to shut off the truck quick when lvc hits, and unplug the batteries right away. I left a pair of 2s hooked in once, just threw the truck in the trunk after a bash session. It stayed in the trunk for a few days because I forgot about it, and just staying connected, drained them to 2.8 volts. Emergency defib brought them back, but having to watch them more carefully ever since. Seem to be fine with no signs of cel damage. All the cels charge back up to peak. Would be nice to find out if one of the program cards has been hacked to change the settings on the 185
The program card has nothing to do with that. It's locked in the firmware of the esc and as far as I know there is no way to unlock the firmware.

The program card has nothing to do with that. It's locked in the firmware of the esc and as far as I know there is no way to unlock the firmware.
(n)Don't like

(n)Don't like
There was a thread on here a while back of someone who said they tried to use the pc link thing to flash the Hobbywing firmware to the esc and it wouldn't do anything. :(

There was a thread on here a while back of someone who said they tried to use the pc link thing to flash the Hobbywing firmware to the esc and it wouldn't do anything. :(
Don't like even more(n)(n)

So I took out my "other" truck with the almost new BLX 185, after I changed the punch to 9. Holy Pizza cutters batman! Different subject. I ran it til what I assumed was the lvc. Brought it in quick, checked the motor, right around 100 degrees, so no thermal, then checked both my 2s batteries. 3.42 per cel (give or take) across the board. If lvc is 3.2, what's going on?

So I took out my "other" truck with the almost new BLX 185, after I changed the punch to 9. Holy Pizza cutters batman! Different subject. I ran it til what I assumed was the lvc. Brought it in quick, checked the motor, right around 100 degrees, so no thermal, then checked both my 2s batteries. 3.42 per cel (give or take) across the board. If lvc is 3.2, what's going on?

The cells tend to gain a little after you turn the truck off. I wouldn't want to go lower than that anyway.

The cells tend to gain a little after you turn the truck off. I wouldn't want to go lower than that anyway.
Sounds good to me. I'll start checking more often with my tester. I should have been paying more attention when I was slapping them on the charger.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back