Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

LVC on BLX185

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by Paulie, Jan 28, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Paulie

Paulie Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    I've been finishing my runs and my LIPO's have been at 3.5v after LVC. I think this is too low for the long term life of my batteries. I put this together and set it for 3.5v. You have to waterproof it as the least bit of water makes it think you have more cells than are actually connected. The alarm is pretty loud and I stop driving when the alarm stays on. My LIPO's now finish 3.7-3.8v. I feel better about it.

Attached Files:

2. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

@Paulie I agree, those alarms are well worth the couple bucks for the added security. You make a good point about the waterproofing though and I've got a bag of 20-30 and wondering if Corrosion X would help with waterproofing as it's done for many other electronics.

Lets find out! :D

3. beeasy

beeasy Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    i have about 6 of those. 2 read the same as my venom lipo alarm. The other 4 show different values.

4. Paulie

Paulie Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton

I bet it would work, but you can't cover up the 2 little piezos or you will never hear them. I did that at first and I could not hear those little beepers, even though they are pretty loud. I've run them in my DJI quad and you can easily hear them at quite a distance. I've been running mine in the snow and I imagine that the water will funk them up eventually. At about $1.00 each from china, it's no big deal.

How far off are you talking about? I must have lucked out and the one I am currently using matches my charger readout.

5. beeasy

beeasy Active Member

Arrma RC's:
    Kraton
    I don't remember the exact numbers off hand but it was roughly .5 volts off either way

Paulie likes this.
  6. arrmaracing

arrmaracing Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, Kraton, Outcast, Senton, Talion, Typhon
    Where do you buy the lvc? Does anyone have a link

7. Mr.Duke

Mr.Duke Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Outcast
    Technically it's called a lipo voltage checker with alarm, and they're sold all over the place

https://www.amainhobbies.com/dys-di...MI_baQsdqN2wIVDlYMCh1btAW3EAQYAiABEgL3FvD_BwE

LVC (Low Voltage Cutoff) is the program perameter within the ESC that senses voltage at a predetermined point and cuts power to save the battery from potential damage

arrmaracing likes this.
  8. arrmaracing

arrmaracing Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, Kraton, Outcast, Senton, Talion, Typhon
    Thanks mate

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer