LVC on BLX185

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paulie

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I've been finishing my runs and my LIPO's have been at 3.5v after LVC. I think this is too low for the long term life of my batteries. I put this together and set it for 3.5v. You have to waterproof it as the least bit of water makes it think you have more cells than are actually connected. The alarm is pretty loud and I stop driving when the alarm stays on. My LIPO's now finish 3.7-3.8v. I feel better about it.

Attachments

• IMG_3100.JPG
    IMG_3100.JPG
    230.3 KB · Views: 114
@Paulie I agree, those alarms are well worth the couple bucks for the added security. You make a good point about the waterproofing though and I've got a bag of 20-30 and wondering if Corrosion X would help with waterproofing as it's done for many other electronics.

Lets find out! :D

i have about 6 of those. 2 read the same as my venom lipo alarm. The other 4 show different values.

@Paulie I agree, those alarms are well worth the couple bucks for the added security. You make a good point about the waterproofing though and I've got a bag of 20-30 and wondering if Corrosion X would help with waterproofing as it's done for many other electronics.

Lets find out! :D

I bet it would work, but you can't cover up the 2 little piezos or you will never hear them. I did that at first and I could not hear those little beepers, even though they are pretty loud. I've run them in my DJI quad and you can easily hear them at quite a distance. I've been running mine in the snow and I imagine that the water will funk them up eventually. At about $1.00 each from china, it's no big deal.

i have about 6 of those. 2 read the same as my venom lipo alarm. The other 4 show different values.

How far off are you talking about? I must have lucked out and the one I am currently using matches my charger readout.

I don't remember the exact numbers off hand but it was roughly .5 volts off either way

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back