LVC on BLX200

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maxys

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
Hi,
I use 4S on Fazon. When I turn it on it only does two beeps instead four(like it logically should) and after some driving it is just stops. Not any sounds to alarm me regarding low battery juice. After driving I check my batteries and both are below 3.2. Had it twice now(thought first time was some glitch).

Now how do I setup LVC on this ESC or how do I make it properly detect my batteries?

Not any sounds to alarm me regarding low battery juice.
You are mis-understanding what LVC means, which is Low Voltage Cut-off. Your BLX200 is doing exactly as programmed - cutting off the power.

If you want an audible alarm then get a low voltage alarm and you'll hear a loud noise when voltage falls below your configured amount.

Your BLX200 is doing exactly as programmed - cutting off the power.
Indeed it should stop me from discharging batteries too much, yet after I run the rig, my batteries are below 3.2V/cell, which will kill batteries in few runs.
My actual question was - how do I setup LVC on this ESC or how do I make it properly detect my batteries?

The cut off setting in the blx is not changeable, so far I know. It´s depend the firmware of these ESC.
Basically it´s a hobbywing max8, but with a castrated firmware on it. Till yet I don´t know a way to flash other firmware on it.
You have two choices. One is to use a separate lipo saver which can handle 4 an 6S.
The other way is to change the ESC to the original max8. The cheaper way ist the saver.

So as I see it - it is a warranty issue, if this non programmable ESC is killing my batteries?

*Grind* no, you're bad feeling that your car is getting slower had killed the Lipos.
Normally if I realize that the car becomes slower, I change my packs.
But by the way, the recommended Onyx are garbage. Mine also popped up after three months.
Other brand with same charge/discharge circles have no issues with that.

Maybe in USA you will have a choice to fix the theme by warranty, in Germany the most Dealer says: You´re fault! ;)

First run was 3.1 - 3.12. another run showed 3.05 - 3.1
After last run I've spent 7 hours for charging/balansing both batteries(skyrc S60)

Maybe in USA you will have a choice to fix the theme by warranty, in Germany the most Dealer says: You´re fault!

Even if it is my fault - I don't mind those packs dead. But if this ESC is killing every single one of my expensive batteries this is no go and definitely a warranty issue.
BTW besides Arrma I also have Mugen buggy and truggy, Ofna short course, Axial crawler, Losi 5T. Powered by Hobbywing, Tekin, Axial ESCs. Had never an issue with others regarding overdischarging.

Last edited:
First run was 3.1 - 3.12. another run showed 3.05 - 3.1
After last run I've spent 7 hours for charging/balansing both batteries(skyrc S60)

Even if it is my fault - I don't mind those packs dead. But if this ESC is killing every single one of my expensive batteries this is no go and definitely a warranty issue.
BTW besides Arrma I also have Mugen buggy and truggy, Ofna short course, Axial crawler, Losi 5T. Powered by Hobbywing, Tekin, Axial ESCs. Had never an issue with others regarding overdischarging.
You're running it on 4s correct? So the four cells are 3.10, 3.12, 3.05 and 3.1 after one run? Or are you giving the averages?

min and max across 4 cells on 1st run was 3.1 - 3.12
second run min and max across 4 cells 3.05-3.1

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back