Kraton LVC or overheat?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Max Attitude

Reaction score
Hey guys, new to the 4s platform. Bought this truck used needing just a couple small repairs. I mounted up some 3.8 MX38 to try out and run in the snow. Yes I know they are heavy. It’s been cold here so though maybe overheat wouldn’t be an issue. It was around 20 degrees. Ran them for 10 minutes or more with seemingly no issue on a 3s pack. Had my 3 year old driving it around on the 50% level part of the time. When I drove it it saw a lot of WOT. After roughly 15 minutes it went into what I thought was lvc. Charged the battery up again and ran a few hours later. After just a few minutes this time it was doing the same thing. Tonight I tried a different 3s pack. (Smaller mah and c rating). Got 3-5 minutes before it was doing the same thing but this time at a steamy 39 degrees. Too much tire? Motor/esc did not feel hot at all after I brought inside and took the body off...Were actually cool to the touch. Or could this be the infamous esc issue Arrma had?

Attachments

• E98A64E5-88EA-413C-ABEE-DF96F264C0D7.jpeg
    E98A64E5-88EA-413C-ABEE-DF96F264C0D7.jpeg
    306.6 KB · Views: 62
That was my next thing to try. Thanks for the reply.

Also noticed it takes a second to take off when it give it WOT. Is this the spectrum issue everyone hates? When I do it holding the truck in the air the response seemed to be quick before running it outside.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back